Encountering errors on Windows can be quite upsetting and time-consuming.
While trying to launch Sandbox on your Windows 10 PC, you might get an error message that says, “Windows Sandbox failed to start – Error 0x80070015. The device is not ready. Would you like to submit feedback about this issue?”
This error is suspected to stem from problems with a Windows service on which Sandbox is dependent.
We’ll present you with some steps that can help you resolve the issue.
How to fix Error 0x80070015 on Windows 10
If you are faced with the error code 00×80070015 on attempting to launch Sandbox, there are two basic things you can do to resolve it. Keep reading to find out.
How to fix Error 00×80070015: the device is not ready on Windows 10:
- Enable all Windows services on which Sandbox is dependent
- Update Windows
Let’s get started, shall we?
Fix 1: Enable all Windows services on which Sandbox is dependent
There are services you need to enable or restart in Service Manager in order to resolve the “Sandbox failed to start” error.
Follow these steps to open Service Manager and perform the fix:
- Invoke the WinX menu by pressing the Windows logo key + X shortcut on your keyboard.
- Locate Run in the list and click on it.
- In the Run box, type services.msc and click the OK button or press Enter to open Service Manager.
- In the window, there’s a list of all services that run on your system. You’ll also find the description, status (whether stopped or running), and startup type for each of them there.
Now locate the following services and make sure they are running and have the Startup type as indicated:
- Network Virtualization Service: Startup type – Manual.
- Virtual Disk: Startup type – Manual.
- Hyper–V Virtual Machine: Startup type – If you cannot resolve theManual.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- Hyper–V Host Compute Service: Startup type – Manual.
- Container Manager Services: Startup type – Automatic.
We suggest you restart them beginning from the first one. To achieve this, you have to right-click on each one and select “Restart” from the options. Or right-click on a service, select “Stop”, right-click on it again, and select “Start”.
Once you complete these steps, try running Windows Sandbox again and see if the message will still appear.
Fix 2: Update Windows
Updating your operating system could be all you need to eliminate the error. Microsoft releases bug and security patches on a regular basis. These may also contain driver updates that are required for Sandbox to operate without issues.
Follow these easy steps to check for updates and get them downloaded and installed:
- Go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. It’s displayed as the cog-wheel icon.
- In the Settings window, locate Update & Security and click on it.
- Click Windows Update.
- Now, click the Check for updates button. You’ll be notified if there are any available updates. If so, click the Download button.
We hope you find these suggestions helpful.
Protect PC from Threats with Anti-Malware
Check your PC for malware your antivirus may miss and get threats safely removed with Auslogics Anti-MalwareDOWNLOAD NOW
As a final note, ensure your computer is safe from malware and data safety threats. Install Auslogics Anti-Malware today and run a full system check. It may discover malicious items you might never have suspected are present on your PC. If you already have an antivirus program, the tool is designed not to interfere with it, thereby giving you extra protection.
Please feel free to leave us a comment in the section below.
We’ll love to hear from you.