If you keep seeing the error message unable to save display settings when you are trying to use more than one display, there’s no need to panic. You’re not the only one with such a display on your PC. Contrary to what you might be thinking, it’s not difficult to fix.
Try applying these fixes:
- Change the screen resolution
- Update your graphics driver
Fix 1: Change the screen resolution
There’s a high probability that your graphics hardware has failed to reach a consensus on which resolution to output, thus causing the unable to save display settings error. As a solution, check your screen resolution settings and opt to use the lowest units.
In layman’s terms, if you’re in possession of three monitors with these resolutions, i.e., 1900 x 1200, 1600 x 900, 1280 x 800, make sure you select the lowest screen resolution and set it to 1280 x 800 for a successful setup.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the desktop and right-click on any empty space. Click “Screen Resolution”
- The Resolution window opens up, click the drop-down menu then select the lowest resolution of all connected monitors. Click “Apply>OK.”
- To check whether the “unable to save display settings” error has been fixed, restart your If the error doesn’t appear after switching on the screen, the error has been fixed, but if it still appears, try the next solution.
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver
If your screen resolution was not the issue, then you’re still looking for how to fix the unable to save display settings error on Windows 10. The issue might be because you’re not using the correct graphics driver, or maybe the graphics driver is outdated. To see if your problem will be solved, update the graphics driver. Now, this can be done either manually or automatically. The manual update needs time and proficiency, as well as full attention to detail, whereas the automatic update can be done in a matter of a few clicks and strokes.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
To manually update the graphics driver, use an account with administrator privileges. First check that the Windows driver you want to download supports your PC’s graphics card. Check by visiting the “Supported Products” tab in the driver download section of the driver manufacturer’s website. Follow the prompts to download, save and run the file.
Should you be out of time or not proficient enough to conduct driver update manually, you can download Auslogics Driver Updater for automatic update.
Auslogics Driver Updater
It offers you an intuitive one-click tool to prevent device conflicts and leave your system with smooth hardware operation. With the Auslogics Driver Updater tool, there’s no need for you to know the specifics. Also, it helps eliminate the risk of downloading the wrong drivers. There are no mistakes since the process happens automatically. All you have to do is download this tool that has been acknowledged by Microsoft and is compatible with the following versions of Windows: Win XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10.
- Visit the official Auslogics Driver Updater site and install the tool
- Run Auslogics Driver Updater and click the Scan Now option. The tool will scan your PC and detect all driver problems
- Once the scan is completed, click the option to ‘Update All’, and the tool will automatically download and install the correct versions of all misbehaving, outdated or wrong drivers. (If you had downloaded the trial version, this is where you need to upgrade to the full version to get the automatic driver updates)
- To check that the issue has been resolved, restart your computer.
These fixes have resolved many queries on how to fix the unable to save display settings error on Windows 10 successfully.