People who are avid players of online PC games are likely familiar with Discord. In many ways, you can consider the app as Skype for gamers. It is designed to help players coordinate and communicate via private servers, providing them with access to text and voice chat features. In recent years, Discord’s popularity increased exponentially, with more and more users installing the app and creating their personal accounts.
However, like other software programs, Discord is no stranger to issues. So, you might ask, “What if I can’t install Discord on Windows 10?” This is a question that many people have asked recently. Needless to say, you are not the only one experiencing the problem. Many users reported that they had encountered the ‘Installation has failed’ error message while trying to add Discord to their computers.
You have to know that Discord can run into various problems, and most of them have something to do with corrupted files. After all, Windows 10 updates have been known to interfere with new programs that users add to their PCs. The update files may come in conflict with internal Discord packages. Once you try to remove and reinstall the app, you might see the error message.
In this post, we are going to teach you how to fix Discord install issues in Windows 10. After reading this article and following our instructions, you should be able to add and use Discord without having problems.
How to Fix the Discord Installation has Failed Issue Easily?
First Step: Removing Discord from Your PC
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Doing so should launch the Task Manager.
- Make sure you are on the Processes tab, then look for any entry associated with Discord.
- Select any Discord-related processes, then click End Task.
- Exit Task Manager.
- Go to your taskbar, then click the Search icon.
- Type “Control Panel” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
- Right-click Discord, then select Uninstall.
Second Step: Removing Discord Leftover Files
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Once the Run dialog box is up, type “%appdata%” (no quotes), then click OK.
- Now, delete the %LocalAppData%/Discord and %AppData%/Discord folders if you see them.
- Restart your PC.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
Once you’ve performed the steps above, you can try reinstalling Discord.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps
If you’re still encountering Discord installation issues, try to recall if you recently added any Windows updates. If so, try removing the most recent update package to prevent it from interfering with Discord. Here are the steps:
- Press Windows Key+I on your keyboard to launch the Settings app.
- Select Update & Security, then on the left pane, click Windows Update.
- Now, move to the right pane and click View Update History.
- Click Uninstall an Update.
- On the new window, look for the recent updates you installed, right-click them, then select Uninstall.
- Once you’ve removed the Windows update package, you can try reinstalling Discord.
Pro Tip: If you want to use Discord without any hassle or issues, we recommend that you update your device drivers. You must know that outdated, corrupted, or missing drivers can cause various problems on the app. Of course, you’d want to have the best experience while playing games. If you want Discord to operate to its maximum capacity, you should update your drivers.
You can visit the hardware manufacturer’s website to download and install the drivers manually. However, this method can be time-consuming and complicated. If you happen to add the driver version that is incompatible with your processor or operating system, you might cause more issues to your PC. Thankfully, there is an easier and safer way to update drivers. You can use Auslogics Driver Updater and conveniently perform the task with one click of a button.
After installing Auslogics Driver Updater, it will automatically identify what operating system version and processor type you have. With a click of a button, this software program will search for the latest, manufacturer-recommended drivers for your computer.
Do you need to fix other Discord-related issues?
Let us know in the comments below, and we might feature the solution in our next article.