You probably discovered this article because you were having trouble connecting your mobile device to your computer. Perhaps, you also received an error message which said “Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found.” Well, there’s no need to worry, because we’ve got you covered. Many other Windows users have experienced the same problem. So, there are plenty of solutions available to you. In this post, we will teach you how to fix the “Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found” error on Windows 10.
What is the Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver?
The default Bluetooth driver plays a critical role in facilitating connections and data sharing processes. If you tried to send files via Bluetooth and the error message popped up, then it is likely that there is something wrong with your Bluetooth driver. It may be corrupted, damaged, or outdated. Thankfully, there are several ways to fix the error.
Solution 1: Using the Device Manager for an Automatic Update
If you want to know how to fix the “Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found” error on Windows 10, you should learn various ways to update your drivers. In the first solution, we will show you how to do this via the Device Manager. This method will teach you how to automate the process, using the utility. Here are the steps:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run dialog box is up, type “devmgmt.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- When the Device Manager pops up, you will see a list of device drivers.
- Click Other Devices to expand its contents.
Note: If there is a yellow exclamation mark beside the device driver, it means that it is either damaged, corrupted, outdated, or missing. Now, you need to update all of the Bluetooth Peripheral Device drivers, even if any of them do not have a yellow exclamation mark.
Also, if you cannot see the list of Bluetooth Peripheral Device drivers under Other Devices, you can go to the menu bar, then click View. Select Show Hidden Devices from the options.
- Right-click one of the drivers, then select Update Driver.
- From the available choices, select the ‘Search automatically for updated drivers’ option.
Now, the Device Manager will search for the relevant driver automatically. It will also download and install the driver for you. After the driver has been updated, we suggest that you try to connect your mobile device to your PC again to see if the error is gone.
Solution 2: Downloading and Installing the Drivers Manually
Before you can update your Bluetooth device, you need to download the latest version of the driver first. If you do not know how to download the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver, do not worry because we’ve got you covered. The first thing you need to do is determine whether you have a 64-bit or a 32-bit operating system. To check that information, you need to follow the steps below:
- Press Windows Key+E on your keyboard. Doing so will open File Explorer.
- Go to the left-pane menu, then right-click This PC.
- Select Properties from the options.
- Go to the System Properties window.
- Under the System category, you will see what type of operating system you have.
After determining your operating system type, you need to go online and search for the latest version of the driver. Make sure that it is compatible with your processor and OS. After downloading the driver, double-click the file to run the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
The next step is to update the existing faulty driver. To do that, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Inside the Run dialog box, type “devmgmt.msc” (no quotes), then click OK.
- Now, expand the contents of the Other Devices category.
- Right-click one of the Bluetooth Peripheral Device entries, then select Update Driver.
- Instead of choosing the ‘Search automatically for updated drivers’ option, select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- A new window will open, select the ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ option.
- You will see a list of drivers. Look for Bluetooth Radios, then left-click it.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Go to the Manufacturer list, then choose Microsoft Corporation.
- Now, go to the right pane and select Windows Mobile-Based Device Support.
- Click Next.
- If you see warnings, just proceed by clicking Next until you see the Finish button.
Once the process is complete, you need to go to the Device Manager to see if the device has been installed successfully. All you need to do is expand the Bluetooth Radios category, then check if Windows Mobile-Based Device Support is available.
Solution 3: Alternative Option for Updating the Driver Manually
If the previous solution did not work for you, you can try this method. You’ll likely need to install an alternative set of drivers to resolve the issue. Here are the steps:
- Go to your taskbar, then right-click the Windows icon.
- Select Device Manager from the list of options.
- Again, you’ll need to expand the contents of the Other Devices category.
- Right-click the Bluetooth Peripheral Device entry, then choose Update Driver from the context menu.
- Now, select the ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
- Move to the new window, then click ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’.
- From the new list, choose Ports (COM & LPT) and click Next.
- Go to the Manufacturer list, then select Microsoft.
- Move to the right pane, then click Standard Serial over Bluetooth link.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Continue click Next on the warnings until you see the Finish button.
After performing these steps, check if the error is gone.
Pro Tip: As you can see, it can be tedious and complicated to update your Bluetooth Peripheral Device drivers manually. What’s more, if you download and install the wrong driver, you might end up dealing with system instability issues. Thankfully, there is a more convenient and reliable way to update your drivers. You can use Auslogics Driver Updater to automate the entire process.
Once you’ve installed Auslogics Driver Updater, the tool will automatically recognize your operating system and processor type. All you need to do is click a button and this software program will update your drivers to the latest versions recommended by the manufacturer. What’s great about Auslogics Driver Updater is it fixes all driver-related issues on your computer. So, once the process is complete, you will notice a significant improvement in the overall performance of your PC.
Which of the methods for updating drivers do you prefer?
Let us know in the comments below!