This error can pop up in popular games like PUBG, Fortnite, and ARK, preventing you from having a good time. Let’s take a look at what DX11 feature level 10.0 is and explore the potential causes and workable solutions to resolve the error in question to make sure you return to victorious gaming experiences as soon as possible.
What Is DX11 Feature Level 10.0
DX11 feature level 10.0 refers to the minimum hardware feature level required for a computer to run applications that utilize Microsoft DirectX 11 technology. This feature level is essential for games and other graphical applications, as it dictates the capabilities of the graphics hardware.
When encountering the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error, it signifies that the application or game engine cannot access the necessary Direct3D feature level 10.0. This often results in game crashes.
The feature level is crucial for optimal graphics rendering, and its absence or inadequacy can lead to compatibility issues, particularly in games like PUBG, Fortnite, and ARK.
Potential Causes of the Error
The “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error commonly occurs due to several reasons:
- Outdated graphics drivers: An outdated or missing graphics card driver can lead to this error.
Also read: How Do I Check My Graphics Card Driver
- DirectX version incompatibility: If the DirectX version on the system is not up-to-date or does not support feature level 10.0, the error may occur.
- System patching: Sometimes, a system restart or applying the latest patch for the game can resolve the issue.
- Hardware incompatibility: The error may indicate that your graphics card doesn’t support the required DirectX feature level.
- Operating system update: Updating the operating system to the latest version can resolve compatibility issues and may help in fixing the error.
Now, let’s explore how to fix the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error.
How to Fix the Error
1. Install the latest patch
A simple system restart or updating your game with the latest patch can often resolve technical PC problems. Game developers release patches to fix issues, making it essential to check for updates on Steam or the official game website.
2. Update your graphics card driver
The “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error may be triggered by a missing or outdated graphics card driver. There are several ways to ensure your drivers are up-to-date:
- Using the Device Manager
- Open the Run dialog (Win + R).
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- Under the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and choose the Update driver option.
- Downloading the driver from the manufacturer’s website
While the Device Manager is a handy tool for driver updates, it may overlook certain updates. To ensure you have the latest driver version, visiting the manufacturer’s website (Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD) is sometimes necessary. However, exercise caution during this process as installing a driver incompatible with your operating system and processor could lead to stability issues. It’s crucial to verify your processor type and OS version before downloading, ensuring you acquire the correct drivers for your computer.
- Automatically updating drivers with Auslogics Driver Updater
While the Device Manager’s reliability is uncertain, manual driver updates are both time-consuming and risky. Auslogics Driver Updater provides a superior alternative. With a simple click after installation, it automatically recognizes your processor type and OS version, downloading and installing the necessary drivers. What sets Auslogics Driver Updater apart is its efficiency in handling all your drivers at once, unlike the Device Manager, where each device requires individual attention.
Also read: Update Your Drivers in One Click!
3. Install the latest DirectX
Installing the latest DirectX version can do the trick and resolve the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error. First, you need to check your DirectX version:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “dxdiag” and press Enter.
- Navigate to the System tab to view your DirectX version.
- Visit the Display tab to check feature levels.
Generally, DirectX updates automatically when you update the OS. However, if you’re on Windows Vista, 7, or XP, manual installation may be required. Refer to Microsoft’s support page for instructions.
If your DirectX feature levels do not meet minimum requirements of the game, you need to replace your graphics card with one supporting DX11 feature level 10.0.
4. Update your operating system
Frequently, updating Windows resolves the error. Here’s how to manually check for updates through Settings:
- Press Windows key + I to launch the Settings app.
- Click on “Update & Security” within the Settings interface.
- Select “Windows Update” from the list of options on the left pane.
- In the right pane, click “Check for updates” to initiate the process.
- Once the download completes, restart your PC to install the updates.
Encountering the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error can be a frustrating experience, especially when it interrupts your gaming sessions. However, armed with the right knowledge and solutions, you can swiftly overcome this obstacle.
Understanding the significance of DX11 feature level 10.0, identifying potential causes, and implementing effective fixes are crucial steps in ensuring a seamless gaming experience.
Now, fitted out with the knowledge provided in this guide, go ahead and conquer the gaming world without the hindrance of the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error! And hey, don’t forget to share your success story in the comments below!