When you want an efficient way to increase productivity and improve collaboration between your staff members, Office 365’s Microsoft Teams is one of the best options for you. This app is especially beneficial for supervisors who manage remote teams that are scattered in different areas. On the other hand, it still offers advantages for in-house employees. Indeed, the program can help companies accomplish projects and tasks efficiently and quickly.
Why Is Microsoft Teams Opening Itself?
When you get an Office 365 subscription, you will notice that the suite installs Microsoft Teams by default. Once this happens, the app will boot automatically during startup. That said, not every Windows 10 user needs this feature. In this case, you may want to learn how to stop Microsoft Teams from booting automatically on startup.
If you do not need to use Microsoft Teams, you can easily disable the feature. If you want to learn how to prevent Teams from auto-launching in Windows 10, you can choose one of our methods below.
Method 1: Via the System Tray
- If Microsoft Teams is installed on your device, you should see its purple icon in your system tray or notification area. Do note that if you do not see its icon, you may need to click the Up arrow on your taskbar to see more options.
- Right-click the icon, then select Settings.
- Click the ‘Do Not Auto-Start Teams’ option.
- Right-click the Microsoft Teams icon again, then choose Quit.
Once you’ve completed these steps, Microsoft Teams will no longer boot automatically during startup.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
As with other processes, there is no one way to disable Microsoft Teams. So, if you want to see a different method of removing Teams from startup, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows Key+I on your keyboard.
- Once you get to the Settings window, click Apps.
- Go to the left-pane menu, then select Startup.
- Move to the right pane, then look for Microsoft Teams.
- Toggle the switch to Off.
Method 3: Using the Task Manager
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
- Once the Task Manager comes up, go to the Startup tab.
- Look for Microsoft Teams from the list, then right-click it.
- Select Disable from the context menu, then restart your computer.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
Completely Uninstalling Microsoft Teams from Windows 10
Some users complained that Microsoft Teams keeps coming back and reinstalling itself on Windows 10. So, if you find it quite a nuisance, you have the option of removing it completely. That said, you cannot uninstall it the traditional way. You need to do it twice. We know how ridiculous this may sound, but many users reported that it works. After all, there is a program called Teams Machine-Wide Installer that does the job of reinstalling the app whenever you sign in to your computer. So, aside from removing Microsoft Teams itself, you need to uninstall the machine-wide installer as well.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams Permanently
- Press Windows Key+I on your keyboard to launch the Settings app.
- Select Apps on the Settings app.
- Go to the left-pane menu, then click Apps & Features.
- Move to the right pane, then type “Teams” (no quotes) inside the search box. In the results, you will see Microsoft Teams and Teams Machine-Wide Installer.
- Select Microsoft Teams, then click Uninstall. Do the same for Teams Machine-Wide Installer.
Resolve PC Issues with Auslogics BoostSpeed 11
Besides cleaning and optimizing your PC, BoostSpeed protects privacy, diagnoses hardware issues, offers tips for boosting speed and provides 20+ tools to cover most PC maintenance and service needs.
Pro Tip: There is an easier way to remove Microsoft Teams and its residual files completely. You can use the Force Remove feature of Auslogics BoostSpeed. Some programs can be challenging to remove, but this tool makes the process a lot easier. After installing BoostSpeed, you can click the Force Remove link.
The utility will uninstall Microsoft Teams completely, getting rid of anything related to the program. It will even remove software leftovers and residual keys from the registry without damaging your device.
After you’ve uninstalled Microsoft Teams, restart your computer. Check if the program is still booting automatically.
Do you think there are areas we need to improve in this article?
We’d love to hear your thoughts! Share them in the comments below!