If you are new to the Windows operating system, you would find the Get Started or Tips app quite useful. This feature acts like a one-stop-shop where you can acquire all the information you need about basic Windows 10 functionalities. By using this app, you will be able to learn how to use the operating system and its common features easily.
However, if you’ve been using Windows 10 for a long time, you might ask, “Do I need the Tips app on a Windows 10 PC?” Well, if you already know the ropes and can navigate through the OS conveniently, you will find no use for the app. Naturally, you would want to know how to remove the Tips app from Windows 10. Worry no more because we are here to help.
In this post, we will teach you how to uninstall the Tips app on Windows 10. We have included several methods in this article. We recommend that you skim through the list and choose the one that works best for you.
Method 1: Removing the Tips App via the Start Menu
The easiest way to uninstall the app is by doing it via the Start menu. Here are the steps:
- Go to your taskbar, then click the Windows icon.
- Type “Tips” (no quotes).
- Now, right-click Tips from the results.
- Select Uninstall from the context menu.
If you have installed the latest update for Windows 10, you will notice that the Uninstall option is also available in the Search results. In this case, you would not have to right-click the app.
Method 2: Removing the Tips App via the Settings Window
The previous method works just fine. However, you can also use the Settings app to remove the Tips feature. To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Settings app by pressing Windows Key+I on your keyboard.
- Once the Settings window is open, click Apps.
- On the next page, go to the left-pane menu and select Apps & Features.
- Now, move to the right pane and look for the Tips app among the list.
- Select the Tips app, then click Uninstall.
Method 3: Using a Command Line to Get Rid of the Tips App
If your tech skills are above average, you might want to use Windows PowerShell to remove the Tips app. You can follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+X. Doing so should bring up the Win+X menu.
- Now, select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the options.
- Once Windows PowerShell (Admin) is up, run the command line below:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Getstarted | Remove-AppxPackage
After executing the command, the Tips app will be gone from your PC.
Extra Step: Emptying the Temp Folder
Of course, you’d want to delete every trace of the Tips app on your computer. As such, we recommend that you clean the Temp folder. Don’t worry about removing any necessary files because sweeping out the temporary files is safe. To begin, follow the steps below:
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- Go to your taskbar, then click the Search icon.
- Once you’ve done that, type “%temp%” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Now, select all the items in the folder by pressing Windows Key+A.
- Delete all the files in the Temp folder.
If you see an error message while you’re trying to delete a file, just skip it. It is possible that this file is still in use by some running software or Windows services.
Resolve PC Issues with Auslogics BoostSpeed 11
Besides cleaning and optimizing your PC, BoostSpeed protects privacy, diagnoses hardware issues, offers tips for boosting speed and provides 20+ tools to cover most PC maintenance and service needs.
- 10 years on the market
- 5-star awards from industry experts
- Over 15 000 000 user downloads
Pro Tip: As you can see, it can be tedious and time-consuming to get rid of the temporary files manually. So, we recommend that you use Auslogics BoostSpeed instead. This tool does more than clean out residual files of apps you’ve removed. It also diagnoses your Windows system and locates speed-reducing issues and other problems that may cause application or system glitches or crashes. Auslogics BoostSpeed uses a precise method in finding and removing junk files without damaging your operating system. What’s more, it provides an entire array of benefits:
- Restored system stability – Auslogics BoostSpeed will carefully remove invalid entries and corrupt keys from the Windows registry. It will repair problems that cause crashes, restoring smooth and stable performance on your PC.
- Improved computer speed – The tool also tweaks non-optimal system settings, enabling operations and processes to go at a faster pace. You can even enjoy smoother web browsing, faster downloads, and better audio/video call quality because BoostSpeed will adjust the Internet connection settings accordingly.
- Privacy protection – Auslogics BoostSpeed comes with privacy tools that help eliminate traces of your activity and safeguard your sensitive personal information.
- Automated system maintenance – You are free to schedule automatic maintenance. This way, BoostSpeed will detect and eliminate issues in real time, keeping your computer performing at its best.
- Consistently smooth performance – BoostSpeed also has an automatic memory and processor management feature, which allocates maximum resources to the active applications. This feature protects fast and smooth performance in real time, allowing you to enjoy consistently great PC experience every day.
Can you suggest other methods for removing the Tips app?
Share them in the comments below!