Picture this: You had a long day at work or school and you can finally play your favorite video game at home. You boot your PC, and while you’re waiting, you go to the kitchen to get your favorite canned drink. You slowly ease into your seat as you hear the oddly satisfying sound of the can popping open and the distinctive fizzing sound of the bubbles from your drink. Now, all you need to do is wait for your game to load. However, instead of seeing the main menu, you run into an error message which says, “The file Physxloader.dll is missing.”
Of course, you instinctively restart your computer. However, no matter how many times you reboot it, you still get that pesky error message. This problem can be frustrating, especially when you do not know what to do. Well, you shouldn’t throw a fit and punch your PC monitor (just yet)! In this post, we will teach you how to resolve the Physxloader.dll is not found error. We’ve prepared several solutions for you. So, you’ll likely find the one that will help you get rid of the issue.
What is Physxloader.dll on Windows 10?
Do not be too quick to think that the Physxloader.dll is missing error has something to do with malware. While in some cases this could be true, you should know that Physxloader.dll is a legitimate file. It is associated with Physxloader Dynamic Link Library, which is a component of NVIDIA PhysX. Now, if you are wondering what NVIDIA PhysX is, we’ll explain its function to you. It is real-time physics engine middleware that enhances your gaming experience via the graphics card.
To understand how to fix the Physxloader.dll is not found error, you must know what causes the issue in the first place. As illustrated in the error message, the problem has something to do with a DLL file, particularly Physxloader.dll. As a critical component of NVIDIA, this DLL file is necessary in launching games. So, when it becomes corrupted or it goes missing, you won’t be able to boot your game properly.
It is worth noting that the error message comes in different forms, including the following:
- The file Physxloader.dll is missing.
- Cannot start (Name of the Game). A required component is missing: physxloader.dll. Please install (Name of the Game) again.
- This program can’t continue because Physxloader.dll is missing from your computer.
- Physxloader.dll Not Found.
- This application failed to start because Physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
All of these error messages point that the main problem is the DLL file. It is possible that this file has been deleted or corrupted. That said, you shouldn’t install DLL files manually, especially since they are usually bundled with a program. Now, if you try to install a single DLL file, you may put your entire operating system at risk. After all, various sources online do not provide a stable version of the file. As such, we recommend that you use one of the solutions we’ll share below.
Solution 1: Installing NVIDIA PhysX
As we’ve mentioned, the issue must have something to do with NVIDIA PhysX. If it is missing, your best bet is to download the software from its official website. Install it, then restart your PC and your game. If doing that doesn’t fix the error, we suggest you move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Running the PhysX Manually
If you’ve tried installing NVIDIA PhysX yet the problem persists, we suggest that you attempt to run the software manually. Here are the steps:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+E. Doing so should let you open File Explorer.
- Now, in the address bar, enter the path below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common
- Once you’re inside the folder, look for the affected game’s folder. Open it, then double-click the redist folder.
- Locate the PhysX EXE file, then double-click it.
- Try launching the game to see if the error is gone.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
Solution 3: Copying the Physxloader.dll File from a Working PC
Another workaround for this issue is to copy the Physxloader.dll file from a computer that has the same Windows OS and processor as yours. If you find a device that meets all the criteria, you can get the DLL file from there. There are two parts to this method:
- First Part: Checking Your Windows System Type
- Second Part: Copying the Physxloader.dll File from a Working Computer
First Part: Checking Your Windows System Type
- Go to your taskbar, then click the Search icon.
- Type “System Information” (no quotes) inside the box, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will see a new window which shows your operating system version and type.
Second Part: Copying the Physxloader.dll File from a Working Computer
- Boot the working PC from which you’ll get the Physxloader.dll file.
- On the keyboard, press Windows Key+E to launch File Explorer.
- Click the navigation bar, then enter the following path:
- Once you’re inside the folder, click the Search box beside the navigation bar.
- Type “Physxloader.dll” (no quotes) inside the box, then hit Enter.
- You should be able to see the Physxloader.dll file, but if you don’t, search for the DLL file in this folder:
- Once you find the Physxloader.dll file, copy it.
- Go to your own PC, then paste the file in the same location where you copied the file from.
Solution 4: Updating Your Graphics Card Driver
It is also possible that you’re having trouble running the game because of outdated video card drivers. So, we suggest that you update your drivers to the latest versions. There are two ways to do this:
- Using the Device Manager
- Using Auslogics Driver Updater
Using the Device Manager
- Press Windows Key+R on your keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Inside the box, type “devmgmt.msc” (no quotes), then click OK.
- Once you’re inside the Device Manager, expand the contents of the Display Adapters category.
- Now, right-click your graphics card, then select Update Driver.
- Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
Let your system find the updated driver, then follow the on-screen instructions for installing it. Keep in mind that Windows can still miss the latest version of the driver. As such, you may still end up visiting the manufacturer’s website to get the correct driver version. However, we do not recommend this option because it can be risky and time-consuming. It can be challenging to go through all the drivers and find the one that is compatible with your OS and processor. If you install the wrong version, you may even end up with system instability issues.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
Using Auslogics Driver Updater
There is a more convenient and reliable way to update your video card driver. You can use Auslogics Driver Updater to automate the process. Once you install this program, it will recognize the architecture of your system automatically. All you need to do is click a button and Auslogics Driver Updater will find and install the latest manufacturer-recommended versions of your drivers.
What’s great about this tool is it resolves all driver-related issues on your PC. So, after the process, your computer will become noticeably faster and more efficient.
Which of the solutions helped you fix the Physxloader.dll error?
Let us know in the comments below!