The disk defragmentation feature in Auslogics BoostSpeed 11 is designed to make your PC run tasks more efficiently. It gathers the different parts of files together in one place so that your computer can read data more quickly and respond faster when you perform computing tasks.
Defragmenting a disk is necessary to avoid slow boot-ups and general system lags. You would want your data arranged on the hard drive in a way that makes data access much simpler and faster. A fragmented drive causes inefficient PC operations. The solution to this problem is to perform regular hard drive maintenance, which puts the data parts back together and creates contiguous space for newer files.
The Disk Defrag tool in Auslogics BoostSpeed is a safe and efficient way to defrag drives on your computer. It ticks the three boxes of quality, speed and effectiveness, which is important for successful disk defragmentation. After using Disk Defrag, you will immediately notice that your PC has become much faster.
What Kinds of Drives Can Be Defragmented with Auslogics Disk Defrag?
If you have a hard disk drive, or HDD, on a computer running Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7, Auslogics Disk Defrag will successfully rearrange the files on the drive and boost the PC’s performance in the process.
Solid-state drives, or SSDs, are optimized in a different way. The tool will automatically detect if you have an SSD and skip the normal defragmentation in favour of optimizing the drive to make it perform even better.
How to Defrag a Disk with Auslogics Disk Defrag
It is a lot of pain to use a slow device that hampers your daily computing activities. It is better to solve the problem by defragging the hard drive every now and then. Auslogics Disk Defrag will do this for you more effectively than the inbuilt Windows defragger ever could. The tool is the top recommendation by many experts when it comes to wiping space between files on your hard drive.
Even though the disk defragmentation process may sound complex, Auslogics Disk Defrag makes everything so simple. You don’t have to take our word for it — check out the steps to using the tool yourself:
- Launch Auslogics BoostSpeed and select the All Tools tab.
- Select Disk Defrag under the Disk Tools section. A new tab will open and list the drives on your PC. If you have an SSD and an HDD, the hard drive will be selected automatically.
- Select a drive to defrag.
- Click the Defrag button to start defragmenting the chosen drive. The tool will analyze the disk for fragmented files and space and commence the defragmentation process if required.
The process can seem slow but is actually fast compared to other defragmenting tools.
You can choose another option instead of the default Analyze+Defrag by clicking the arrow on the Defrag button:
- Choose this option to find out whether the selected drive needs to be defragmented.
- Choose this option to skip analyzing the disk and start defragmenting it immediately.
- Defrag & Optimize. Choose this option if you want the tool to both defrag the disk and also optimize the files so the most needed ones can be accessed faster.
- Quick Defrag (without analyzing). Choose this option to quickly defrag the disk.
To the right of the Defrag button, you can tick the “After completing” checkbox and choose from shutting the PC down, going into sleep mode, hibernating the machine, and closing the program when the disk defragmentation has been completed.
You can also play around with the colorful cluster map. Click a square to view the files in that cluster. To defrag a file, right-click it and select Defrag Selected.
Resolve PC Issues with Auslogics BoostSpeed
Besides cleaning and optimizing your PC, BoostSpeed protects privacy, diagnoses hardware issues, offers tips for boosting speed and provides 20+ tools to cover most PC maintenance and service needs.
SSD Optimization with Auslogics Disk Defrag
Disk Defrag can extend the life of your solid-state drive by optimizing system and file operations and limiting the number of write requests. Here is how to optimize your SSD with this tool:
- Select SSD Optimization in the left menu pane of the Disk Defrag tab.
- Click on Enable SSD Optimization.
Once you defragment your drives with Auslogics Disk Defrag, you will notice the difference in PC performance right away. Boot-up times will be reduced, and there will be a boost in general system operation speeds.