If you love online PC games, you must have heard of or even played Roblox. This global online gaming platform has a massive fan base. It brings together users from around the world, allowing them to play games created by other developers. It also allows people to market the games they made. For this reason, Roblox comes with a comprehensive library, and you can become anything you want. Plus, you can compete with rivals from anywhere on earth.
However, despite the fun, Roblox players have not been experiencing smooth gaming. One of the most common errors kicks the player off the game. Moreover, they receive a ban message from the creators.
Some of the error messages that users have reported getting include:
You have been kicked from the game (Error Code: 267)’
You have been kicked from this game: You have been banned for: Cheating suspicion (unbanned in 10h) (Error Code: 267)’
You have been kicked from this game: Sorry! You’re not allowed in this super top secret game yet. (Error Code: 267)’
If you receive any of the errors, don’t panic. You are not the only affected Roblox player.
In our post today, we share several methods on how to get rid of the Roblox Error Code: 267 so that you can eliminate the glitch and enjoy your game, seamlessly.
What Is Roblox Error Code 267?
Roblox Error Code: 267 is an error that usually gets displayed during gameplay and the player gets kicked from the game. Usually, the error gets displayed on the screen with a message explaining the reason for getting kicked out. The Error Code 267 indicates that you have been kicked out via an admin script placed by the game’s developer.
Typically, Roblox has nothing to do with the error. Rather, it can occur for a multitude of reasons, some of which are beyond your control. The most common culprit is having a new account. So, if you have an account that is less than 30 days old, your attempts to connect to some of the games will be futile.
Of course, doing something against the game’s rules will obviously get your account banned. Other possible reasons for the Roblox Error Code: 267 include:
- Slow Internet connection – Roblox, being a huge platform, requires a fast and reliable network connection. So, if your Internet is slow, it could trigger the error.
- Banned player – If you try to play a specific game but get kicked out, you probably are not allowed to play it. Roblox games are integrated with an Admin script that executes a Ban command. To lift the ban, you have to contact the game owner. Keep in mind that, if you are banned from just one game, it will take you at least 30 days to get your account back.
- Missing components – Your machine must have all the necessary components required to load the game. Otherwise, the Error Code 267 will pop up on your screen.
- Firewall – Your antivirus software may be blocking the game.
So, before you start applying the fixes below, think back to what you were doing just before you received the Error Code 267.
How to Fix the Error Code 267 on Roblox
Now that you know what the error means and the possible causes, what are the steps to fix the Roblox Error Code: 267? We are glad you are asked.
Here are the solutions. Try them out one after the other until you find one that works for you.
Solution 1: Check If You Are Using a Supported Browser
There are several browsers that you can use to get online. However, Roblox does not support all of them. Some of the recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
In addition to that, be sure to keep your browser updated. Not only does this help prevent potential cyberattacks, but it also ensures that your browser is compatible with most online games.
If you are a Windows user, here are the steps to update three of the most popular browsers:
- Launch Edge, go to the menu, located at the top right corner of the browser, and select Settings.
- Click the “About Microsoft Edge” option on the left pane, and Edge should automatically check for and install all available updates.
- Launch the browser, go to the menu (the three dots at the top right corner), and select Help > About Google Chrome.
- Chrome should automatically check for and install all the updates.
- Launch Firefox, open the menu, and select Help > About Firefox.
- The browser should automatically install updates.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection
If you have an unstable Internet connection, you may want to confirm if your connection is having issues. One way to do so is to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter using the steps below:
- Press the Win + I shortcut keys to open the Settings window.
- Select Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Look for Internet Connections and click on it.
- Select Run the Troubleshooter and let Windows diagnose, detect, and fix possible problems with your Internet.
If Windows doesn’t find any issues and you are using a Wi-Fi connection, follow these steps:
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 above.
- Locate Network Adapter and click on it to highlight it.
- Select Run the Troubleshooter and let Windows try to find and fix problems with your wireless adapter.
If your wireless connection has been giving you problems, you may want to switch to using Ethernet.
Solution 3: Disable Ad Blockers
Most websites, especially gaming sites, depend on ads for revenue. The bad news is that these ads can be quite irritating, showing up every second and interfering with your games. What’s more, some of them might be malicious. That’s why most people use ad blockers.
Unfortunately, these ad blockers may also be the cause of getting kicked from the Roblox servers. To verify this fact, try to temporarily disable your ad blocker and check whether the Roblox Error Code: 267 still pops up. If it doesn’t, then you have found the culprit.
If it reappears, then the problem lies elsewhere.
Solution 4: Reset Your Internet Options
For some players, a simple reset of the Internet options resolved the Roblox Error 267. To do so, follow these simple steps. We’ll show you how to reset internet options for two of the most popular browsers that are supported by Roblox.
- Launch your browser, and open the menu.
- Click on Settings > Advanced > Reset and clean up.
- Select the “Reset settings to their original defaults” option and click the Reset Settings.
- Launch the new Edge browser, and open Settings.
- Select Reset Settings in the left pane, and click on the option that says, “Restore settings to their default value”.
Solution 5: Is Your Account Less Than 30 Days Old?
We mentioned earlier that a new account can prevent you from accessing games on Roblox, hence triggering the Error Code 267. Thing is, some game developers might have set some rules regarding their games.
So, your best option is to check back with that server when 30 days are over. You should no longer get the Roblox Error Code: 267.
Solution 6: Try Connecting Via a VPN
A VPN has several useful functions, such as preventing your government and ISP providers from tracking your online activities. What’s more, it can help you bypass geo-restrictions when playing particular online games or streaming TV shows and movies.
That said, using a VPN seemed to have worked for several Roblox gaming fans. So, why not give it a try. There are dozens of VPN providers out there. So, be sure to do thorough research to find one that suits your needs.
Most VPN services give you access to a number of servers. All you have to do is connect to the fastest server and enjoy your game. Hopefully, it gets rid of the Roblox Error Code: 267.
Solution 7: Update Your Network Drivers
For your network to function as it should, the network adapters should always be up to date. Drivers ensure that the connection between your computer and the hardware is established properly.
Keep in mind that, to install the correct driver version, you must check the current version already installed on your PC to avoid running into compatibility issues. While you can update your network drivers via Windows Device Manager, it is not guaranteed that the latest driver versions will be installed.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
That’s why we recommend using a dedicated third-party software like Auslogics Driver Updater. The program saves you time since you can update all the drivers at once. Additionally, it ensures that only the drivers that are compatible with your operating system are installed.
Once installed, Driver Updater checks your computer for outdated, missing, or corrupt device drivers.
After the diagnostic is complete, you can view a detailed report of the findings, which includes the dates of the currently installed drivers and the release date of the latest manufacturer-recommended versions.
If you fear running into PC issues after the updates are installed, the software has a backup feature that allows you to undo the changes with just a few clicks of the button.
Solution 7: Reinstall Roblox
If none of the Roblox Error Code: 267 solutions work, try reinstalling the game. Doing so will bring it back to its default settings, allowing you to play your games without issues.
To reinstall Roblox, follow the steps below:
- Press the Win + X keyboard shortcut or right-click “Start”, and select “Settings” (the gear icon).
- Open “Apps” and locate “Roblox” from the list of apps and features installed on your PC.
- Once you find it, click on it and select “Uninstall”.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the uninstallation process.
- Next, go to Microsoft Store and install Roblox afresh.
With the new installation, you should enjoy your games without fear of running into Roblox Error Code 267.
Good luck, and let us know which solution worked for you.