If you’re on this webpage, you no longer have to pull your hair out over performance issues in Deathgarden: Bloodharvest. We’ve compiled different working solutions that will help you get rid of the problem.
Start with checking your computer’s specifications
Low FPS and performance troubles are expected on PCs that do not meet the game’s minimum requirements. You have to start by making sure your computer isn’t one of them. If it is, it falls on you to make the necessary upgrades where you can. We’ve seen cases where users went straight to installation without checking if their computers had what it takes to run the game.
If you haven’t checked your PC’s specifications against the system requirements of Deathgarden: Bloodharvest, we’ve got you covered: you’ll find all the information you need below.
Minimum system requirements of Deathgarden: Bloodharvest
Operating System: Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1. Note that your operating system must be 64-bit.
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K; AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core
System Memory: 8 GB RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770; AMD Radeon HD 7970; R9 280 X
Storage: 20 GB available space
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
If you want smooth performance at high settings, meeting the minimum requirements won’t be enough; your system has to go beyond those requirements.
The steps below will show you how to check your PC’s current specs:
- On the taskbar, right-click the Start button and choose Settings from the Quick Access menu to open the Settings application. You can launch the app faster with the Windows + I keyboard combo.
- After Settings appears, click on the System label.
- Once you see the System page, go to the left pane, scroll to the bottom, and then select About.
- Now, move over to the main window (the About tab) and check your system’s specs under Device Specifications. This is where you’ll see your CPU’s make, model and architecture, and your RAM size, among others.
- If you want to check how much storage you have, double-click on This PC on your desktop and navigate to Devices and Drives.
- To check the details of your display adapter, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Run.
- After Run opens, type “dxdiag” (without the quotes) into the text box and click on the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- After the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window appears, go to the Display tab and check details of your graphics card such as its make and model and its driver version.
Run the game on all your CPU cores
These days CPUs come with multiple cores. If you want to give the game the required boost, allowing it to use your processor’s resources to the full is a way to go. To do that, you have to pin the game to all your CPU cores, using the CPU Affinity feature in the Task Manager or by changing its launch options in the Steam client.
We’ll be showing how to go about both actions below.
Via the Task Manager:
- Make sure Deathgarden: Bloodharvest is running.
- Launch the Task Manager by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Task Manager in the Quick Access menu. You can also use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard combination to summon the application.
- Make sure you can view tabs in the Task Manager. If not, click on More Details in the bottom-left section of the mini window.
- Locate Deathgarden: Bloodharvest, right-click it, then click on Go to Details in the context menu.
- You’ll be taken to the Details tab, with the game’s entry highlighted.
- Right-click the game again, and once the context menu opens, click on Set Affinity.
- Once the Processor Affinity dialog box appears, check the boxes for all the cores, then click on the OK button.
- Now, exit the game and launch it again to check its performance status.
Install the latest version of your graphics card driver
If your graphics card driver is out of date, missing, or corrupt, your game won’t be rendered properly. The bulk of the graphics processing that your GPU carries is dependent on the driver. Driver issues are fairly common, and they always hurt any game’s performance. If you haven’t updated your graphics card in a while, you should do that.
Even if you recently updated the card, we still recommend that you go through the process again, as it’s possible you didn’t do it right. In any case, you should start with uninstalling the current driver to avoid any form of conflict. The following steps will show you what to do:
- Summon the search utility by pressing the Windows and S keys on your keyboard simultaneously. You can also click on the magnifying glass icon in the taskbar to summon the search box.
- Type “device manager” (without the quotes) once the search bar appears.
- Once you see Device Manager in the search results, click on it.
- After the program appears, go to the Display Adapters menu and click on the arrow beside it.
- Next, right-click your graphics card and click on Uninstall Device from the context menu.
- Check the checkbox beside “Delete the driver software for this device” once the Uninstall Device confirmation box opens, then click on Uninstall.
- After Windows completes the process, restart your system.
Once you’re done removing the driver, go ahead and install its latest version. There are different ways to go about that, and we’ll be walking you through each process.
Using the Windows Update utility
Windows Update downloads and installs driver updates for different devices, including the graphics card driver. Although this happens in the background when those drivers become available, you can still check if the utility has not been doing its job, especially if you’ve been using a metered connection.
The following steps will walk you through the process:
- Go to the Start menu and click on the cogwheel next to your username to launch the Settings application. To summon the app, using your keyboard, press the Windows logo and I keys simultaneously.
- Once the home screen of the Settings app shows up, go to the bottom of the window and click on the Update & Security icon.
- Next, click on the “Check for Updates” button after the Windows Update interface appears.
- If your OS is up to date, move on to the next method. If not, allow Windows Update to download all the available updates.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, click on the Restart Now button to allow the tool to reboot your PC and perform the installation.
- Once your PC boots up normally, start the game to check for the problem.
Using the Device Manager
The Device Manager can help you search for the updated graphics card driver on Microsoft servers and automatically install it. You can also use the Device Manager to install driver updates that you already downloaded to your computer. However, we recommend that you allow the tool to search for the signed driver and download it directly from Microsoft.
The steps below will walk you through the process if you don’t know how to use the tool:
- Punch the Windows logo key and the S key simultaneously to open the search function.
- Type “device manager” (without the quotes) into the text box and click on Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager window appears, navigate to the Display Adapters menu and click on the arrow beside it.
- Right-click your graphics card, and then click on Update Driver.
- After you see the Update Driver window, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Allow Windows to search for the driver and download it.
- Once the process is complete, restart your PC and run Deathgarden: Bloodharvest to check for the issue.
Using a dedicated third-party program
The Device Manager and Windows Update will not install the updated graphics card driver if it isn’t available on Microsoft’s servers. The reason is that Microsoft sometimes falls behind release schedules because they have to perform extra tests after the manufacturer of the card releases the driver.
If you want to get ahead of this and install the already available driver, you can easily do that by using Auslogics Driver Updater. This program offers more than giving you timely updates. When you use it, you don’t have to go through the stress of searching for driver updates individually. The tool will perform regular scans on your computer to fish out device drivers that are out of date, missing or corrupt. Once it gets these drivers, it gives you the opportunity to automatically install their updated versions.
Auslogics Driver Updater won’t put your system at risk. It is developed to recognize officially signed drivers and install them. Also, whenever it updates device drivers in the future, it will make sure the previous version is backed up in case you need to roll back.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
Follow the steps below to download and install the tool:
- Navigate to the download page of Auslogics Driver Updater and hit the Download button.
- Once your browser downloads the setup file, run it.
- Click on Yes in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Once the setup wizard appears, choose your preferred language, indicate where you’d like to install the program and enter other preferences.
- Click on the Click to Install button.
- After the installation process is complete, allow Auslogics Driver Updater to scan your system for problematic device drivers.
- Once you see the list of drivers that are out of date or damaged, click on the Update button to install their latest versions.
Tweak your graphics card
The way your graphics card is configured to run video processes, especially in games, determines the performance of your game. In certain games, you don’t have to tweak the settings as the default configurations will work, especially if your card is high-end. However, with a game like Deathgarden: Bloodharvest, you have to tweak some settings to optimize its performance. We will be showing you what settings to apply in the NVIDIA control panel and AMD Radeon settings.
NVIDIA Control Panel
- Summon the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking on your Desktop and clicking on NVIDIA Control Panel in the context menu.
- After the app opens, go to the left sidebar and click on “Adjust image settings with preview” under 3D Settings.
- Next, navigate to the right pane of the window and click on the radio button for “Use my preference emphasizing.”
- Move the slider to Performance.
Note: If you’re using a high-end PC, you can go for the “Let the 3D application decide” option instead.
- Go to the left pane again and, this time, click on Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
- Switch to the right pane and navigate to the Program Settings tab.
- Go to the drop-down menu for “Choose a program to customize” and choose Deathgarden: Bloodharvest. If the game isn’t in the drop-down menu, click on the Add button to the right. Now, navigate to its installation folder and double-click its EXE file.
- Once Deathgarden: Bloodharvest has been added, you can now select it.
- Now, set the following settings for the game:
- Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames: 1
- Monitor Technology: G-SYNC
- Multi-Display/Mixed GPU Acceleration: Single Display Performance Mode
- Power Management Mode: “Prefer maximum performance”
- Texture filtering – Anisotropic sample optimization: Off
- Texture filtering – Quality: High Performance
- Texture filtering – Trilinear Optimization: On
- Threaded optimization: On
- Vertical Sync: Fast
- Apply the changes, then go to “Adjust desktop size and position” and check the box for “Override the scaling mode set by games and programs”.
- Click on the Apply button and run the game to check if its performance has improved.
Tweaking your AMD card
- Open AMD Radeon Settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting AMD Radeon Settings from the context menu.
- After AMD Radeon Settings opens, go to the top-left corner of the window and click on Gaming.
- Once you get to the Gaming tab, click on the Global Settings button.
- Now, change the following settings:
- Anti-aliasing mode: Override application settings
- Anti-aliasing level: 2X.
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: On
- Anisotropic Filtering Level: 2X.
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance.
- Wait for Vertical Refresh: Always Turned Off.
- Tessellation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tessellation Level: 32X or below.
Run the game on your dedicated graphics card
If your computer comes with an integrated card and a dedicated card, the problem could be emanating from the fact that your Deathgarden: Bloodharvest is being forced to run on the integrated card to conserve power. It’s a no-brainer that this could drastically reduce your FPS, as integrated cards are not built for processing gaming graphics.
You have to force the game to run on your dedicated graphics card if you’re going to resolve the problem. We’ll show you how to do that, using the NVIDIA control panel, the Settings application, and AMD Radeon Settings.
Using NVIDIA Control Panel
- Right-click on your Desktop and click on NVIDIA Control Panel in the context menu.
- After the NVIDIA Control Panel window opens, navigate to the left pane and click on Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
- Go to the main window and remain in the Global Settings tab.
- Click on the Preferred Graphics Processor drop-down and select High-performance NVIDIA Processor from the options.
- Next, switch to the Program Settings tab.
- Expand the Select a Program to Customize drop-down menu and click on Deathgarden: Bloodharvest.
- If the game isn’t listed in the drop-down menu, click on the Add button, then navigate to its installation folder and double-click its executable file.
- After adding and selecting the game, go to the drop-down menu for “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program” and choose High-performance NVIDIA Processor.
- Now, click on the Apply button and launch Deathgarden: Bloodharvest to check for performance improvements.
Using AMD Radeon Settings
- Right-click on your Desktop’s empty surface and click on AMD Radeon Settings once the context menu appears.
- After AMD Radeon Settings appears, go to the top-right corner of the window and click on System.
- Once the System interface shows up, go to the top-right corner of the window, and click on Switchable Graphics this time.
- You’ll see the Running Applications view once the Switchable Graphics interface appears.
- If you don’t see Deathgarden: Bloodharvest on this page, navigate to the top-right corner of the window and click on Running Applications under Switchable Graphics.
- Next, click on Installed Profiled Applications to display all the programs that AMD Radeon Settings can detect.
- Locate Deathgarden: Bloodharvest, click on its arrow, and then select High Performance.
- If the game still doesn’t appear in this view, then you have to add it manually. Go to the top-right corner of the window and click on Browse.
- Once the Browse dialog window opens, go to the installation folder of Deathgarden: Bloodharvest and double-click its EXE file.
- You can now change the game’s Switchable Graphics mode to High Performance.
Using the Settings App
- Use the Windows + I keyboard combo to summon the Settings app.
- After the home screen of Windows Settings shows up, click on the System icon.
- Once the System interface appears, go to the bottom of the Display tab and click on the Graphics Settings link.
- After the Graphics Settings screen opens, go to the “Choose an app to set preference” drop-down menu and select Classic App.
- Next, click on the Browse button under the menu.
- After the Browse dialog box shows up, navigate to the installation folder of Deathgarden: Bloodharvest and double-click its EXE file.
- Once the game’s icon appears on the Graphics Settings screen, click on it, then click on the Options button.
- The Graphics Specifications dialog will now appear, displaying the details of both GPUs. Your integrated card is the Power Saving GPU, and your dedicated card is the High Performance GPU.
- Click the radio button for High Performance and click on Save.
Adjust Windows for the best performance
You can increase your PC’s general performance by reducing the burden on your CPU. To do that, go to the Performance Options dialog and adjust Windows for the best performance. The steps below will guide you:
- Open the search box by pressing the Windows and S keys together or by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the taskbar.
- After the search function opens, type “performance” (without the quotes) into the text field.
- Once the results appear, click on “Adjust the performance and appearance of Windows.”
- After you see the Performance Options dialog window, click on the radio button for “Adjust for best performance,” and then click on the OK button.
- You can now run the game and check if its performance has improved.
Shut down background programs
Some applications running in the background might be hogging your system’s resources and causing the game to lag. Open the Task Manager and shut them down, then check if the problem persists.
If the FPS drops don’t go away, then you might be dealing with startup applications. These programs are designed to launch automatically whenever your system boots up. Try shutting them down and check if that would solve the problem. Follow the guide below to disable the startup apps and isolate the responsible program:
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows and R keys together. You can also right-click on the Start button and click on Run in the Quick Access menu.
- After Run opens, go to the text field and type “msconfig” (without the quotes), then click on the OK button.
- Wait for the System Configuration dialog window to open.
- After it shows up, switch to the Services tab.
- Under the Services tab, mark the checkbox beside “Hide all Microsoft services.”
- Click on the Disable All button.
- Next, go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Now, disable every program under the Startup tab of Task Manager.
- After that, go to the System Configuration dialog box and click on the OK button.
- Restart your system and check for the problem.
If the performance problem in the game goes away, then one of the startup items you disabled had been affecting it all along. Your next step is to enable each startup item and restart your PC to check for the problem. The application that triggers the issue is responsible.
That’s it! Deathgarden: Bloodharvest should now run without lagging. If you have further issues or want to share your thoughts on the game’s performance problem, please use the comments section below.