There are many reasons why anyone would want to permanently remove games from their Steam library. Perhaps, they might be embarrassed to have their account associated with a particular title. However, there are some players who simply want to make their enormous collection more manageable.
The good news is, you can learn how to hide unwanted games from a Steam library. We can teach you how to show only the installed games in your library.
What is the Difference Between Removing and Hiding Games?
Keep in mind that the act of hiding games from your Steam library is reversible. When you do this, the title will be hidden from the standard library views. Moreover, with a few clicks, someone can still see the game. Aside from that, you have the freedom to unhide the game in the future. It is worth noting that even when a title is hidden, you can still play it.
On the other hand, removing games is irreversible. When you delete a game from your Steam account, it will be gone permanently. You won’t see the title in your library. So, if you simply want to sweep the game under the rug for some time, your best option is to learn how to hide a game from your Steam library.
How to Hide Unwanted Games from Your Steam Library
- Look for the game in your Steam library.
- Right-click it, then select Set Categories from the context menu.
- Make sure that the ‘Hid this game in my library’ option is selected.
- Click OK to proceed.
How to Locate the Games Hidden from Your Steam Library
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
If you want to view the hidden Steam games, follow the steps below:
- Go to the right side of the library’s search box.
- Click the category box, then select Hidden from the list.
- If you want to unhide the game, right-click it. Choose the ‘Remove from Hidden’ option.
How to Permanently Delete Games from Your Steam Library
You might ask, “How do I remove games from my Steam Library?” Well, the first thing you need to do is uninstall the unwanted title from your PC. Keep in mind that if you opt to remove the game from your library first, it will be challenging for you to uninstall it. You will have to look for the residual files on your SSD or hard drive. So, make sure that you uninstall the game before removing it from your library. Once you’ve done that, you can proceed to the steps below:
- Launch your Steam library, then click Help.
- Select Steam Support from the options.
- Now, click the game that you want to remove. If it is a title that you played recently, you will see it at the top of the list. On the other hand, you can always use the search box to locate the game, using its name.
- Select the option which says, “I want to permanently remove this game from my account.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- Note: If you purchased the game as a component of a bundle, you will see related games that will also be deleted.
- Click the ‘OK, remove the listed games from my account permanently’ option. If you wish to play the game in the future, you will have to purchase it again.
What other Steam tips would you like to know?
Feel free to ask questions in the comments below!