Can’t find that classic browser?
Here’s how to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10
It’s been replaced by Microsoft Edge, but Internet Explorer is not dead and can still be accessed in Windows 10. At first look, it might be nowhere to be found, but Internet Explorer 11 is a built-in feature of the operating system, so there’s no extra stuff you need in order to install it.
Here are several ways to learn how to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10:
- Using the taskbar icon – Click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. The icon may be missing from the taskbar, in which case you should proceed to the other techniques illustrated below.
- Using desktop search – Open Internet Explorer by selecting Start and entering Internet Explorer in Search. Afterwards, select Internet Explorer (Desktop app) from the results. If you’re having difficulty finding Explorer on your device, you will need to add it as a feature. To do this, select Start, Search, and then Enter Windows features. Pick Turn Windows features on or off from the results and ensure that the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is selected. Click OK and restart your device.
You can also pin your favorite apps to the taskbar by opening the app or program, pressing and holding the icon on the taskbar (you may also right-click on it), and selecting Pin to taskbar
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- Accessing it in Start Menu – You can access the browser from Start Menu. Look for it under the Windows Accessories folder, where it’s located along with other Windows accessories such as Paint or Notepad.
- Opening it by Run – Enable Run by pressing Windows+R. Type iexplore and tap OK.
- Opening it via Command Prompt – Turn on CMD and then type c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.Press Enter.
It’s fairly easy to overlook and forget about Internet Explorer completely since Edge has taken over, especially with the fair share of positive reviews on Edge. Internet Explorer is also vulnerable to a number of threats amid the wealth of security improvements in other modern browsers.
At any rate, a number of users still wonder: How do I get to Internet Explorer in Windows 10? One of the five methods above may provide the answer. You can also address common PC problems through recommended tools like Auslogics BoostSpeed, which safely diagnoses your Windows system, restores system stability, cleans out junk files, and optimizes overall speed and performance.
Good luck and have a good internet browsing experience!