‘Of all the things I’ve lost
I miss my mind the most’
We need hardly tell you that touch screen issues are extremely dispiriting and that they always occur at the worst possible time. However, if your HID-compliant touch screen is missing, there is no need to despair: we know how to fix compliant touch screen not showing in Windows 7, 8, and 10. Just follow the instructions below to resolve your problem:
Show hidden devices
First and foremost, let’s make sure your HID-compliant touch screen is not hidden. Here is what you should do to unveil your hidden devices:
- Invoke the Run app: for this, simultaneously press the Windows logo key and the R letter key on your keyboard.
- Into the Run search bar, type in the following: devmgmt.msc.
- Now press Enter or click OK to proceed.
- Once you are in Device Manager, navigate to the View tab and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Show hidden devices option.
- Then proceed to the Action tab and click the Scan for hardware changes option.
Finally, you should move to Human Interface Devices, expand it, and check if you can see your HID-compliant touch screen in this section now.
Make use of Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Microsoft’s Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter may prove the most efficient means of getting your HID-compliant touch screen back on track, so it is a wise idea to call upon the tool in question and let it do its job.
Here is how to use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter in Windows 10:
- Press the Windows logo key and the S key simultaneously to run the Search app.
- Into the Search bar, input ‘troubleshoot’ (without quotes) and press Enter to proceed.
- From the list of results, select the Troubleshoot option.
- In the right-pane menu, select Hardware and Devices.
- Move down to the Run the troubleshooter button and click it.
- Click Next to continue.
- Follow the instructions you see on the screen.
And that is what you should do to utilize Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter in Windows 8 or 7:
- Open your Start menu, locate the Search bar and type “troubleshoot” (no quotes).
- Press Enter to proceed.
- Select Troubleshooting from the list of search results.
- Move down to Hardware and Sound.
- Click Configure a device.
- Click Next to proceed with your Troubleshooting.
When you see the on-screen instructions, do as you are told to ensure that no stone is left unturned in your quest.
When the troubleshooting process is over, open Device Manager and see if your HID-compliant touch screen is back.
Update your HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver
We never cease to repeat that keeping one’s drivers up to date is a must. Otherwise, your system cannot work the way it is supposed to. That is why it is time to check if you are using an updated HID-compliant touch screen driver – the thing is, your headache might stem from the driver in view being antiquated or missing.
There is absolutely no need to take a long hard look at all the options available: actually, in a scenario like yours, you can either search for the driver software you need yourself or recruit a dedicated piece of software to get things done. Let’s examine both these methods in more detail in order to make the best possible choice.
Frankly, updating your driver manually is of dubious benefit to you. Although there is a chance you can find what you need, the process is ridiculously time-consuming. On top of that, you may end up downloading and installing the wrong driver, thus putting your system in harm’s way. As such, we are convinced the game is not worth the candle. However, if you wish to utilize this method, you are free to do so. Just make sure you know exactly what you are looking for and where to find it.
The second option implies automating the process with the help of a special tool. We are sure this is the easiest as well as the safest way to set things right. These days such products are widely available on the market. For instance, you can opt for Auslogics Driver Updater: this program is equipped to do the job of fixing your drivers efficiently and accurately, and there is even more to it – you can have all your drivers updated at one go.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
After updating your HID-compliant touch screen driver, check if your problem has gone.
We hope our tips have proved useful in fixing your HID-compliant touch screen. If you need extra assistance in resolving your problem or have any suggestions regarding the issue, you are welcome to state that in the comment section below. We are always here to help you!