Windows 10 is supposed to support the Hamachi service. However, there are times when it malfunctions, preventing people from running apps that use the service. If you’re facing the same problem, don’t worry. We are here to teach you how to fix the Hamachi service stopped issue.
Now, you may ask, “Why does my Hamachi service stop?” Well, there are many reasons why this problem can occur. For instance, the error message can show up if the WMI service is not running. In other cases, the user’s antivirus interferes with the service, keeping it from running smoothly. Whatever the cause of the issue may be, you can use this guide to learn how to make the Hamachi service work again.
Method 1: Enabling the WMI Service
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Once the Run dialog box opens, type “services.msc” (no quotes) and click OK.
- Look for the Windows Management Instrumentation entry on the Services window.
- Right-click the service, then select Properties from the options.
- If you notice that the service is not running, click the Start button under Service Status.
- Click the drop-down list beside Startup Type, then select Automatic.
- Save the changes you’ve made by clicking Apply and OK.
After following these steps, try running Hamachi again to see if the problem has been fixed.
Method 2: Checking Your Antivirus
As we’ve mentioned, your antivirus may be blocking the Hamachi service. It’s possible that your security program mistakenly identified the service as a threat. So, one of the ideal workarounds for this is to check your antivirus settings and check if the tool is blocking Hamachi.
Now, if you determine that your antivirus is preventing Hamachi from running, then your best option is to disable your security program. Of course, this solution will make your PC vulnerable to threats and viruses. As such, we suggest that you use a trusted security app like Auslogics Anti-Malware. It is worth noting that this tool was designed by a certified Microsoft Silver Application Developer. So, you can be sure that it will not interfere with the operation of apps and services on Windows 10. What’s more, you can use it alongside Windows Defender, essentially adding another layer of security for your computer.
Method 3: Reinstalling LogMeIn Hamachi
It’s possible that LogMeIn Hamachi’s files have been damaged or corrupted, preventing the service from running successfully. As such, we recommend that you reinstall the program to give it a fresh set of installation files. Here are the steps:
- Go to your taskbar, then click the Search icon.
- Type “Control Panel” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Once Control Panel is up, click the drop-down list beside View by.
- Select Category.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Now, look for LogMeIn Hamachi, then right-click it.
- Select Uninstall from the context menu.
- Now, download LogMeIn Hamachi’s installer from its official website.
- After you’ve downloaded the installer, double-click it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once you’ve reinstalled LogMeIn Hamachi, run the program to see if the error has been fixed.
Method 4: Performing a Clean Boot
If other services are interfering with Hamachi, the ideal workaround is to perform a clean boot. To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Inside the Run dialog box, type “msconfig” (no quotes), then click OK.
- Once the System Configuration window is up, go to the Services tab.
- Make sure you select the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ option, then click the Disable All button.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply and OK.
Restart your computer, then check if Hamachi is running without problems.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
Method 5: Restarting the Hamachi Service via a Script
If you’re confident with your tech skills, you can try this solution. On the other hand, if you do not know anything about Task Scheduler, it is best that you move on to the next method. To begin, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows Key+S on your keyboard.
- Inside the Search box, type “Notepad” (no quotes).
- Right-click Notepad from the results, then select Run as Administrator from the results.
- On Notepad, paste the following script:
net stop Hamachi2Svc
net start Hamachi2Svc
start “C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi\hamachi-2-ui.exe”
- Now, click File, then select Save As.
- Remember to set the Save As type to All Files.
- Type “HamachiRestart.cmd” (no quotes) as the file name.
- Save the file in this location:
Once you’ve created this file, you can run it manually. On the other hand, you can use Task Manager to create an event, setting this script to run every couple of hours.
Method 6: Performing a System Restore
If you recently installed a program or updated your system, then the change may have something to do with the Hamachi error. So, we suggest that you perform a system restore to bring back Windows 10 to its normal functioning state. Here are the steps:
- Open the Search box by clicking the magnifying glass icon on your taskbar.
- Type “System Restore” (no quotes) inside the box.
- Select Create a Restore Point from the results.
- Once you see the System Properties window, click the System Restore button.
- To proceed, click Next.
- You can show more restore points if you want. What’s important is that you select a date where the Hamachi issue is nonexistent.
- Once you’ve selected a restore point, you can click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system restore process.
After performing a system restore, check if you can run Hamachi without any issues.
Method 7: Configuring Hamachi’s Settings
It’s possible that Hamachi’s settings are not configured properly. To ensure that this is not the case, you can follow the instructions below:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Type “services.msc” (no quotes), then click OK.
- Look for the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service, then double-click it.
- On the Properties window, click the Start button.
- Move to the Recovery tab, then set the following options to Restart the Service:
- Now, set the ‘Reset fail count after’ option to 0 days and the ‘Restart service after’ option to 1 minute.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Resolve PC Issues with Auslogics BoostSpeed 11
Besides cleaning and optimizing your PC, BoostSpeed protects privacy, diagnoses hardware issues, offers tips for boosting speed and provides 20+ tools to cover most PC maintenance and service needs.
- 10 years on the market
- 5-star awards from industry experts
- Over 15 000 000 user downloads
After reconfiguring Hamachi, try running it again to see if the issue has been resolved. However, if you notice that there is a delay in the program’s response, then it may be time to optimize your PC’s performance. There are many ways to do this, but the most convenient and efficient method is to use a trusted tool like Auslogics BoostSpeed. This utility has a powerful cleaning module that can sweep out all types of computer junk. What’s more, it can tweak non-optimal system settings to ensure smooth and fast performance at all times.
Which of the solutions helped you get rid of the Hamachi error?
Let us know in the comments below!