Many companies and organizations around the world rely on Microsoft Intune to solve the problem of ensuring secure access to email and data. This feature is crucial in today’s modern workforce where employees use various devices to stay connected wherever they go. These days, people use their laptops, desktop PCs, tablets, and smartphones to access corporate email and data. Intune ensures that all the devices and apps that employees are using are compliant with their company’s security protocols and requirements.
Basically, Intune is a cloud-based app that controls the number of devices that employees in a single institution use. This feature can be added to any Windows-enabled PC or mobile device. Now, you might ask, “How do I sign up for Windows 10 Intune?” Well, you will be glad you found this article. In this post, we will teach you how to enable Intune on a Windows 10 computer.
What Can Microsoft Intune do?
Released under the Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite, Microsoft Intune provides mobile application management (MAM) and mobile device management (MDM) in the cloud. It uses mobile operating system protocols or APIs to perform tasks like enrolling devices. This feature enables IT personnel to maintain an inventory of devices that are permitted to access enterprise services. Intune is also useful for providing Wi-Fi and virtual private network profiles; configuring mobile devices; and creating compliance reports. It provides access control capabilities by integrating with Azure Active Directory.
Here are some of the essential benefits of Intune:
- Intune protects devices managed by a company. The software gives IT managers the ability to control access to corporate data. Through its portal, you can accomplish a number of remote actions, including data encryption, device lock, passcode reset, or even a full wipe.
- Intune can also protect third-party devices and software manufactured by Microsoft, Apple, Google, and Samsung, among others. So, you can use it to manage mobile devices, PCs, and applications.
- Since it has a single admin portal, Intune makes it more convenient to define and set policies. You can use it to track end-user activity, scan computers for malicious software, and update security.
- The Intune System Center Configuration Manager, a centralized portal, allows you to control Windows PCs, Macs, and Linux/Unix-based servers and mobile devices. You can also gain a better understanding of how to improve hardware and software configurations through the reports it generates.
How to Enable Intune on a Windows 10 Computer
It is worth noting that you can use Intune for protecting employee-owned devices, segregating personal data from work data. Members of an organization can register their own devices and use a self-service portal to install applications approved by the company. So, if you are an employee who wants to enroll your own devices, it is only natural for you to ask, “How do I sign up for Windows 10 Intune?” Well, the first thing you need to do is find out what Windows 10 version you have on your PC. To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Go to your taskbar and click the Search icon.
- Type “About your PC” (no quotes), then hit Enter. This will take you to the About section in the Settings app. You will see the details and specifications of your operating system.
- Scroll down until you get to the Windows Specifications section. There, you will see what Windows 10 version is running on your computer.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
How to Check your Mobile Device’s Windows Version
- To begin, tap Start, then swipe to All Apps.
- From the list, choose Settings.
- Tap System, then select About.
- Under Device Information, tap the More Info option. You should see the specifications of your device, including the Windows version running on it.
After taking the steps above, follow the instructions for the Windows version on your PC or mobile device.
Guide for Version 1511 and Lower
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+I. Doing this should launch the Settings app.
- Click the Accounts tile in the Settings app.
- From the left-pane menu, select Your Account.
- Go to the right pane, then click the ‘Add a work or school account’ link.
- On the new window, you must submit your sign-in credentials.
- Click the Sign In button to complete the process.
Guide for Version 1607 and Higher
- Press Windows Key on your keyboard.
- Now, type “Settings” (no quotes).
- Select Settings from the results.
- Click Accounts from the options.
- Go to the left-pane menu, then select Access Work or School.
- Move to the right pane, then click the Connect button.
- A new window will pop out. Submit your corporate email address, then click Next.
- On the next page, you need to sign in to your work account.
- You will see a message informing you that your company is registering your device to Intune. Once the process is complete, click Close.
Troubleshooting Tips for Version 1511 and Lower
If you can’t access your account, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows Key+I on your keyboard.
- Select Accounts from the list.
- Go to the left pane, then click Work Access.
- Click the Connect button on the right pane, then try signing in with your corporate credentials.
Troubleshooting Tips for Version 1607 and Higher
Watch out for the error message below:
“We couldn’t auto-discover a management endpoint matching the username entered. Please check your username and try again. If you know the URL to your management endpoint, please enter it.”
If you see that message, then you need to re-submit your username and password.
Pro Tip: To ensure that you will be able to use Intune smoothly, we recommend updating your drivers to their latest manufacturer-recommended versions. You can use the Device Manager to do this, or you can download and install the drivers manually. However, you should know that these two options can be complicated, risky, and time-consuming. As such, we recommend that you opt for the convenient and safer option — Auslogics Driver Updater.
Auslogics Driver Updater automatically recognizes the operating system version and processor type of a computer. So, all you need to do is click a button and let the tool download and install the right drivers for your PC.
What do you think of Microsoft Intune?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!