It is undeniable how convenient it is to share documents and files over the Internet or a shared network. However, some people prefer having them printed on paper. It just makes it easier for them to highlight important details or even organize them in file folders. This is why the printer has been one of the essential tools in various organizations.
Like other types of office equipment, this device is prone to errors and malfunctions. The problem may lie in the hardware itself or somewhere in the software. In some cases, no printing is possible as the ‘print driver host for 32bit application has stopped working’. So, what should you do when this error message shows up?
What is print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working error message
Most of the users who have encountered this error message had been using network printers to create a hard copy of their files. On the other hand, the problem may occur even without printing anything. It is possible that the issue happened due to missing or incorrect printer drivers. Don’t worry because this problem is quite common and it is easy to resolve. In this article, we will teach you how to fix print driver host for application error. Keep on reading to get rid of the issue and start printing files with ease!
Method 1: Reinstalling your printer
When no printing is possible as the ‘print driver host for 32bit application has stopped working’, the first solution you can try is uninstalling and reinstalling the printer connected to your PC. Just follow the steps below:
First Step: Uninstalling your printer
- Click the Search icon on the taskbar.
- Type “control panel” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Click Hardware and Sound, then select Devices and Printers.
- Go to the Printers section, then right-click on your printer.
- Choose Remove Device.
- Delete the printer, then restart your PC.
Second Step: Installing your printer again
- Go to the taskbar and click the Search icon.
- Inside the Search box, type “control panel” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Select Hardware and Sound, then click Devices and Printers.
- In the menu bar, click Add a Printer.
- Windows will now start to search for your printer.
- Once the system has found your printer, select it.
- Click Next to install your printer.
- Your PC will automatically connect and install the printer.
- Try printing a document and check if the error has been resolved.
Method 2: Reinstalling your printer driver
As we’ve mentioned, the root of the problem may come from faulty drivers. As such, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your printer driver to get rid of the issue. With that said, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows Key+R on your keyboard. This should launch the Run dialog box.
- Inside the Run dialog box, type “devmgmt.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Expand the printer drivers by expanding the section.
- Right-click your printer, then choose Uninstall Device.
- Make sure that the box beside ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ is checked.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, restart your PC.
- Windows should automatically reinstall the printer driver once you boot into your computer.
- Have a test print and check if the error message has been removed. If you notice that the problem persists, we recommend trying our third solution.
Method 3: Updating your printer driver
In most cases, this error can be resolved by updating the printer drivers. You can either do this manually or automatically, using Auslogics Driver Updater. When you choose to do the former, you would have to visit your printer manufacturer’s website, search for the latest and compatible version of the driver, then install it on your computer. It goes without saying that this requires a good level of computer skills and a significant amount of your time.
So, if you do not have the patience or time, we recommend automating the process, using Auslogics Driver Updater.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
One of the many great things about this tool is that it automatically recognizes your system. Moreover, this one-click solution will find and install the correct drivers for you. You do not have to suffer the consequences of installing the wrong drivers. What’s more, this reliable program will update and fix all problematic drivers—not just the ones related to the printer error. So, you can enjoy better performance from your computer once the process is complete.
Did any of our solutions work for you?
We’d love to read your thoughts in the comments below!