How do you look for files on your Windows 10 PC? Sure, Windows Search is the most obvious way to go about it. However, what if we told you there is an even faster option? The Everything search engine is a desktop tool for Windows. With it, you can find what you are looking for much more efficiently. In this post, we will show you how.
What Is the EverythingToolbar?
The Everything search software is a very effective third-party search tool for the Windows operating system. The program lets you quickly locate files, folders, and more by name and allows for efficient and simple file indexing, searching, and sharing.
Currently, this is probably the fastest search tool available for the Windows 10 operating system. It is definitely a lot faster than the built-in Windows Search tool. With the Everything search software, you get your search results almost instantly. Plus, there are lots of customization options onboard to help personalize the searches. There are in-content search possibilities, support for complex queries, RegEx, Bookmarks, Folder indexing options, support for custom searches — just to name a few.
However, in order to use all of the app’s functionality, you need to run your searches using the Everything app. Sure, you can download the app and launch it every time you need to search for a file — however, this is hardly convenient. It’s way better to have the Everything search engine right there in your Windows Toolbar — easily accessible anytime you need it.
In this post, we will tell you how to integrate the Everything search engine directly into your Windows Taskbar to make your Windows Search experience even better.
How to Use the EverythingToolbar Feature?
Here’s what you will need to do to set up the EverythingToolbar on the Windows 10 taskbar:
- First, download the Everything Search software.
- Open the program.
- Keep it open –— it can run quietly in the background.
- Next, download the latest available version of the EverythingToolbar.
- Extract the zip archive to your system.
- Open the archive folder.
- Right-click the install.cmd file.
- Choose the Run as Administrator option to install the toolbar.
- At this point, you may get the Windows SmartScreen error. If this happens, you will need to disable SmartScreen Filter before you can proceed. Make sure to turn it back on when you are finished with the installation.
- The installer will then launch a Command Prompt window where you will be able to see the final status of the installation.
- When prompted, press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
- Next, right-click the Taskbar.
- Go to Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, restart the explorer.exe process.
- Close Task Manager.
- Right-click the Taskbar.
- Uncheck the option that says Lock the taskbar. This will allow you to move items around on the Taskbar.
- Right-click the Taskbar again.
- Go to Toolbars > Everything Toolbar.
- This will add the new toolbar to your Windows taskbar.
- Now, you are free to change the size of the search field and move it around.
- Next, right-click the Taskbar and turn the Lock the taskbar option back on.
There you have it. The Everything Toolbar is now perfectly settled on your taskbar and you can use it for super-fast searches any time you want to.
So, now that you know how to find files faster in Windows 10, there is just one more thing we’d like to add — a way to make your whole system run faster.
Resolve PC Issues with Auslogics BoostSpeed
Besides cleaning and optimizing your PC, BoostSpeed protects privacy, diagnoses hardware issues, offers tips for boosting speed and provides 20+ tools to cover most PC maintenance and service needs.
If you’ve recently noted that your PC is slowing down and things are just not running as smoothly as they used to, it may be time for an upgrade. However, hardware upgrades can be pricey — and software upgrades can be both pricey and time-consuming. Fortunately, there is another way to go about it. You can use a specialized program like Auslogics BoostSpeed. This software has been designed to give your system a performance boost by simply offloading unnecessary files burdening your system. Here’s all you need to do:
- Download Auslogics BoostSpeed from the official website.
- Install the program and launch it.
- Click the Scan Now button.
- The program will start by diagnosing your system.
- During this process, it will locate junk files and other speed-reducing issues that may be causing your system to slow down. This typically includes unneeded system and user temporary files, web browser cache, old error logs, remaining Windows Update files, temporary Sun Java files, cache from Microsoft Office, and more.
- You will then be able to have all these files safely removed from your system with just one click. This will free up lots of space on your PC and help you eliminate a wide range of errors and glitches.
With Auslogics BoostSpeed, you will basically be able to give your system a significant boost without investing in expensive upgrades or spending lots of time trying to remove junk files manually.