Before you can install software on your computer, you have to ensure that you have the right RAM capacity in your system to accommodate the product. If you want to know how to check how much ram you have, you’d be glad you found this article. In this article, we will share with you the easy ways to do it.
Before you learn how to check RAM state on Windows 10, it is essential that you understand what the technology is. RAM is an acronym for Random Access Memory. As its name suggests, it is a type of computer memory that can be randomly accessed. Its primary function is to store different sorts of information essential in running programs in your PC. It is worth noting that RAM only stores data while the device is on. So, when you shut down your computer, RAM will lose the information it previously stored.
When you search the market, you will find two main kinds of RAM—DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory) and SRAM (Static Random Access Memory). In general, the larger your RAM capacity is, the faster your computer will run. If your PC is performing slow, one of the primary causes can be the size of your RAM.
First Method: Using Microsoft System Information
One of the easiest ways you can check your RAM is to bring up Microsoft System Information. This built-in tool allows you to gather some essential details about your computer. Here’s how you can open it:
- Press Windows Key+R on your keyboard. This should bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type “msinfo32.exe” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Look for the entry named Installed Physical Memory (RAM). This should give you the information you need.
Second Method: Using Task Manager
You can also check Task Manager to get details about your RAM. Simply follow the steps below:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard. This should open Task Manager.
- Go to the Performance tab.
- Go to the left-pane menu, then click Memory. There, you will see the amount of RAM that is currently being used, as well as the available memory you can still utilize.
Third Method: Using the Control Panel
One of the best ways to get all the information you need about your computer is by going through the Control Panel. You can even use it to diagnose problems in your operating system. To learn how to check RAM state on Windows 10, follow the instructions below.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+S.
- Type “Control Panel” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Go to the top-left corner of the window and click ‘View by’.
- Select Category from the drop-down list.
- Click System and Security, then select System. You should now be able to see the amount of RAM installed in your computer.
So, those are the three easy methods of checking RAM on Windows 10. If you think you have enough RAM capacity and yet the performance of your computer is still poor, it is likely that you have outdated or corrupted drivers. So, we recommend that you update or repair your drivers immediately. You can either do this manually or take the safe and convenient route of using a reliable tool like Auslogics Driver Updater. We recommend the latter because it is easy and not risky. Just look at the process to know how complicated it is:
- Open Device Manager. You can do this by pressing Windows Key+X on your keyboard.
- Note that you have to go through all the drivers under every category. Expand the contents of each category to see all the available drivers under it.
- Right-click the driver, then click Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button.
- Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
Auslogics Driver Updater
Based on 1694 reviews on Trustpilot
Philip Burridge, satisfied user of Driver Updater:
“I just want to take the opportunity to say how much I like BoostSpeed and Driver Updater. I thought my system was pretty well maintained until I used them, especially Driver Update. Cracking pieces of software. ”TRY IT NOW
Watch out for this notification:
The best driver software for your device is already installed.
If you see that, you must go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest versions of your drivers. You must ensure that you are getting the ones that are compatible with your system. If you download the wrong drivers by mistake, you might cause damage to your computer.
As you can see, this process can be time-consuming and complicated. So, why would you risk it when there is an easier and safer option? With Auslogics Driver Updater, you can avoid making mistakes and update all your drivers to their latest manufacturer-recommended versions.
Which method do you think is the easiest way to check RAM?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!