If you’ve got bored with using standard characters for naming things on your PC or if you are just a huge fan of Emoji, you might wish to know how to use Emoji in folder names on Windows 10 (and, naturally, how to use emoji in file names on Windows 10). The good news is, the trick is quite simple. We have drawn up a handy guide for those who just can’t get enough of those cool symbols, so read on to make your computer more fun.
Here is how to use Emoji in file and folder names on Windows 10:
- Navigate to your Taskbar (in most scenarios, it is located at the bottom of your computer screen).
- Right-click on your Taskbar.
- From the pop-up menu, select the Show touch keyboard button option. The touch keyboard button will appear in the notification section of your Taskbar (on the right-hand side).
- Locate the folder or file you wish to rename using Emoji.
- Right-click the item and select the Rename option from the menu. Alternatively, you can select the file or folder and press F2 to rename it.
- Now click on your touch keyboard button. Then click on the Emoji icon.
- Click on the symbols you want to use for naming your file or folder.
- Give the thing a cool name and see it on the title bar, in the preview tab and even in your jump lists on the Taskbar.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
Protect PC from Threats with Anti-Malware
Check your PC for malware your antivirus may miss and get threats safely removed with Auslogics Anti-MalwareDOWNLOAD NOW
Hopefully, our tips have helped you to get more creative in how you assign names in Windows 10
Stay unique and enjoy awesome Emoji while navigating your Win 10 environment
No matter what you use to name files and folders on your device, your top priority is to make sure they are free from malicious residents. So, now, let’s look at the question of your safety. Needless to say, it is vital to have every nook and cranny in your system thoroughly protected. In light of this, having a powerful anti-malware tool is a must these days.
As always, we recommend our readers to use only trusted software that delivers the peace of mind they deserve. To give an instance, Auslogics Anti-Malware is a program that can fend off even the most perilous threats from the world of malware. The tool will regularly conduct automatic scans of your system, eliminating the existing issues and keeping new aggressors at bay, thereby providing a superb layer of security.
What Windows issues concern you most?
Do not hesitate to leave a comment below so that we can help you in improving your PC experience.