It is evident in the regularly released updates that Microsoft has been striving to make daily computing tasks easier for its customers. If you’re using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, you have the freedom to pin Store apps on your taskbar. So, the next time you boot your system, you will have quick access to your most-used programs. Moreover, you won’t have to frantically press Alt+Tab just to find the apps that you opened.
Of course, it can be challenging to adjust to a new operating system. So, it is understandable why some people are still confused and struggling to learn how to see opened apps from the Windows Store. Well, if this is the case, do not worry. In this article, we will teach you how to manage the taskbar on Windows 10 and 8.1.
It is easy to show and hide apps downloaded from Windows Store. However, if you’re not using Windows RT or RT 8.1, you will not have the freedom to enable or disable the feature. Thankfully, Microsoft has improved this. If you have installed the latest update for Windows 8.1 and 10, you should be able to bring the Store apps to the taskbar.
How to Bring Store Apps to the Windows 8.1 Taskbar
- Launch the Charms Bar by pressing Windows Key+W on your keyboard.
- Click the Search button, then type “PC Settings” (no quotes). Make sure that you’ve selected Everywhere from the drop-down list.
- Select PC and Devices from the menu.
- Choose Corners and Edges.
- Under the App Switching options, you will find the ‘Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar’ option. Make sure that it is enabled.
How to Manage the Taskbar on Windows 10: Pinning Store Apps
On Windows 10, it is relatively easy to pin any Store app to the taskbar. Simply follow these instructions:
- Click the Windows icon on your taskbar.
- Look for the app you wish to pin to the taskbar.
- Right-click the app, then select Pin to Taskbar. If the option is not available, select More. You should be able to see it from there.
There’s another option for pinning Store apps to the taskbar. You can open the program, then right-click its icon on the taskbar. You should be able to see the ‘Pin to Taskbar’ option there.
Pro Tip: If you want to ensure that all the apps you downloaded from Store will run smoothly, we recommend using Auslogics BoostSpeed. This tool will scan your entire system and look for junk files, speed-reducing problems and other issues that may cause application glitches or crashes. So, you can ensure that all your apps will run efficiently.
Which do you prefer—Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?
Share your answer in the comments below!