Many people are eager to welcome the Windows 10 May 2019 update. Within a few days, the general public will be able to download and install it. That said, the memory of the issues that the October 2018 update brought is still fresh in people’s minds. As such, Microsoft is taking the time to ensure that the company will release a foolproof May 2019 update. The tech giant is currently testing the features across the Windows Insider Program’s three rings.
Amidst the testing phase, Microsoft discovered an issue affecting Surface Go and Surface Pro devices. The same problem also happened on devices with an inserted SD card or a connected USB thumb drive. Users were not able to install the Windows 10 May 2019 update. Moreover, they encountered the following error message:
“This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC has hardware that isn’t ready for this version of Windows 10, No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been solved.”
In most cases, this problem affects devices that meet the following criteria:
- Windows 10-based PCs with either the Windows 10 Version 1803 (April 2018 Update) or the Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update).
- Devices with an SD memory card or a connected external USB drive.
- PCs that have the automatic updates enabled in the Windows Update settings.
If you’re part of the Insider Program, you’d want to know how to remove the ‘Your PC has hardware that isn’t ready for this version of Windows 10’ error message. Well, don’t worry because we have the solutions listed in this article. Keep on reading this post so that you can get back to upgrading to the Windows 10 May 2019 update.
Before anything else…
You must ensure that your device is fully equipped and conditioned for the upgrade. As such, we recommend that you use Auslogics Driver Updater. This tool automatically recognizes your operating system version and your processor type. What’s more, you only need to click a button, and it will find the latest, manufacturer-recommended drivers for your device. You do not have to go through the tedious and potentially dangerous task of searching for the drivers yourself.
How to Remove the ‘Your PC has Hardware that Isn’t Ready for this Version of Windows 10’ Error Message
If you are looking forward to installing the Windows 10 May 2019 update, then try our workaround below:
- Open your device and remove the micro SD card. If you have a USB thumb drive plugged into your Windows device, disconnect it.
- After removing the micro SD card or the USB flash drive, try running the update setup again.
- Restart your computer, then check if you’ve successfully upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10.
If you do not have a micro SD card in your device or if no USB thumb drive is plugged in, follow the instructions below:
- Check if you have a combination of HDD and SDD installed in your device. You should also check if you have multiple hard drives.
- Take out the extra drives, but leave the one containing the operating system partition.
- Try running the update setup again.
- Once you’ve successfully upgraded to the newest version of Windows 10, attach your extra hard drives back in. You should be able to use your computer as usual.
Are you ready for the Windows 10 May 2019 Update?
Join the discussion below and share your opinions!