Skype is an excellent way to communicate with family and friends around the world. Though it has its challenges, Skype has emerged as a leading communication tool not only because Skype-to-Skype calls are free, but also because you can use it to communicate to a whole bunch of family or friends in a single call. Skype for business is helpful for startups that run a tighter margin as it reduces the amount that a company spends on phone bills.
Have you ever had the desire to revisit important conversations from a business meeting or a precious moment?
Thankfully, Skype allows the recording of conversations with no additional software. Microsoft’s new recording feature enables you to record not only audio and video calls, but also shared screens in video calls. In this guide, we show you how to record a Skype call in Windows 10.
Before we take you through the steps of recording a Skype call, we’d like to let you know that recording people can have legal consequences depending on where you live, hence it is advisable to get their permission. Skype is aware of this fact, and so they have a feature that warns all parties whenever someone begins recording. The function can’t be disabled.
How to record a call in Skype for desktop?
For this guide, we assume you already have the latest version of Skype, if not you can head to the Skype website to download it.
To record a call,
- Begin a skype call, after connection; you’ll see several options in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click the “+” button and select “start recording”; a red dot appears as well as a message at the top-right of the window alerting you that the recording is in progress and that you should inform the other parties that you are recording them. Other people on the call will also see the banner notifying them that you specifically are recording the call.
- When you finish recording the call, pressing the “+” icon and selecting “stop recording” will finalize and process the recording.
To listen to your recording,
- Go to the chat window and click on the chat icon (the one that resembles a speech bubble) located at the bottom left of the screen. Press the play icon to listen to or watch your recording.
- To store the conversation, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner and select between the Save As or the Save to Downloads option.
Noteworthy: Skype’s recording functionality records all participants’ video and audio in a single file.
How to record a call in Skype for IOS and Android?
The method for recording calls in Skype on IOS and Android is similar to what we’ve described above for desktop.
- Begin by opening the Skype app and making a call.
- Upon connection, click the “+” icon in the center of the rows of options that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Start Recording option, and Skype will commence recording the call.
- When you finish recording, press the “+” icon again and choose Stop Recording.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
To retrieve your saved conversation,
- Click on the chats from the home screen.
- Tap on the person on the screen to get a list of all your conversations with him or her. The recording should be at the end of the list.
- Tap and hold on a conversation to see the menu with the option to save the call. The call is then saved in your phone’s camera roll.
That’s how to record a Skype conversation on a desktop, as well as on IOS and Android, without third party software. Now you can relive special moments, be it a business conversation or a conversation with your loved ones. However, you need to be careful with your recorded data, because hackers can get ahold of it and wreak havoc.
Beware: hackers could steal your Skype recordings. Malware authors often target Skype because of its popularity and adoption by users worldwide. Malware like T9000 has been shown to record Skype calls, screenshots, text messages, as well as steal data.
Protect PC from Threats with Anti-Malware
Check your PC for malware your antivirus may miss and get threats safely removed with Auslogics Anti-MalwareDOWNLOAD NOW
After you record your Skype call and save the conversation on your storage device, it provides a grand opportunity for hackers using malware to steal your stored recordings.
What can Cybercriminals do with your stolen data?
Hackers can use your stolen personally identifiable information, like your name, address, and social security number to break into your bank accounts and steal your money. They may also open new bank accounts in your name, use your credit card to pay for utilities, such as electricity bills, take out loans in your name, obtain medical services using your name, and many other fraudulent activities.
Cybercriminals could also sell your data to whoever is interested in it or even ask for ransom before they return your data. If they find your Skype recorded photos that you wouldn’t want to appear in public, they could threaten to expose them to the public if you do not pay them money. Your sensitive data could also be used to perpetrate doxing attacks against you and your loved ones.
Hence, you need to use a competent anti-malware solution like Auslogics Anti-Malware to protect your computer from threats. Auslogics Anti-Malware detects suspicious items and protects you against dangerous malware and data security threats. It also lets you quarantine suspicious files so that you can restore them later should you need them.