Chromium Edge is a relatively new browser. It was released at the beginning of 2020 but has since received a lot of positive reviews from users. The new browser seems to have a convenient interface, lots of new and interesting features. It even comes with Chrome extension support.
However, despite the rave reviews and features, the browser is not without its faults. Some users complain that push notifications are not working properly on Chromium Edge. The search phrase, “Why are my push notifications not working in Edge” has become quite popular these days.
Notifications are an important part of our web surfing experience and many users simply don’t want to use a browser that doesn’t have them. You may end up not getting important announcements and updates, consequently missing out on a lot of interesting content.
So, why are push notifications not working on Edge? There can be quite a few reasons for that. In fact, a lot of users believe that this is simply a bug within the browser that Microsoft needs to fix. However, while the company has made promises to address this, the fixes seem to be rolling out slowly — and for some users, not at all.
Luckily, there are a few DIY fixes that you can try right now to bring back push notifications in Edge.
How to Enable Push Notifications on Windows 10?
There are several fixes we suggest you try to enable push notifications in Edge. You can use one of them, some of them or all of them. It all depends on the result you are looking for. Simply follow the steps below and, hopefully, things will be back to normal in no time.
Here are the guides we’ll share in this article:
- How to turn on push notifications via Windows setting
- How to allow notifications via Edge settings
- How to enable push notifications on YouTube
- How to enable push notifications on Facebook
- How to enable push notifications on Twitter
- How to turn on push notifications on Reddit
- How to disable push notifications in Edge
If you are interested in a specific fix, simply scroll down this post to get to the solution you need. Alternatively, try different options from the list until you get the results you are looking for.
How to Turn on Push Notifications on Edge via Windows Settings?
The first and simplest thing to try would be to turn on push notifications through Windows settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click Start and select Settings.
- Go to System.
- On the left, click Notifications & Actions.
- Scroll down to the Notifications section.
- Under the ‘Get notifications from apps and other senders’ section, toggle the switch to the ON position.
Your push notifications should now be back and working properly.
How to Allow Notifications via Edge Settings?
You can also allow push notifications via the browser itself. Here’s how:
- Open the Edge browser.
- Click the three dots icon in the top right corner of the window.
- Go to Settings.
- In the site permissions on the left, click Cookies.
- On the right side, scroll down until you see the
- Notifications section.
- Click it.
- Check if the ‘Ask before sending (recommended)’ setting is enabled. If it’s not, enable it.
Now, all that is left to do is enable your notifications to be shown via a specific website. Below, we will go over the steps for doing this for some of the most frequently used websites.
How to Enable Push Notifications on YouTube?
Let’s start with the most popular video viewing platform. Here’s how to enable push notifications on YouTube:
- Open YouTube.
- Click your account picture and go to Settings.
- Go to the Notifications pane.
- Under the General category, toggle the switch to the right (the Get notifications in this browser option).
- When you see the pop-up prompt, click Allow.
That’s it, you have now enabled push notifications on YouTube.
How to Enable Push Notifications on Facebook?
Now, let’s enable push notifications on Facebook.
- Open your Facebook account.
- Click the small arrow icon in the top right corner to go to Account.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy > Settings Fix.
- On the left side of the screen, scroll down until you see Notifications. Click it.
- Now, scroll down and click the Other Notifications option.
- Check if Allow Notifications on Facebook is turned on. If not, turn it on.
That’s it, your push notifications in Facebook have now been enabled.
How to Enable Push Notifications on Twitter?
If you don’t want to miss out on your Twitter updates, here’s how to turn on push notifications on Twitter:
- Open Twitter and log into your account.
- Click More.
- Go to Settings and Privacy.
- Next, navigate to Notifications > Preferences > Push Notifications.
- Under Turn on push notifications, select Turn on.
- When a prompt pops up, click Allow.
There you have it — your Twitter push notifications are now on.
How to Turn on Push Notifications on Reddit?
Now, let’s look into how to turn on push notifications for the world’s most popular forum, Reddit.
- Open Edge and go to Settings.
- Navigate to Cookies and site permissions.
- Go to the Notifications section.
- Here, you will see two sections: Block and Allow.
- If you add a website to the Block section, push notifications will be blocked.
- If you add a website to the Allow section, push notifications will be enabled.
- So, if you want to see push notifications from Reddit, all you will need to do is add it to the Allow section.
Note that you will need to add the precise URL address of the website: https://www.reddit.com/
There you have it — push notifications have been successfully enabled.
We hope that the solutions above have been helpful and you have now been able to turn on push notifications for all the webpages you need and you are not running into any more issues on your Microsoft Edge browser.
How to Disable Push Notifications on Edge?
Now, there may come a time when you will want to roll all of this back and turn off push notifications for the browser. There can be many reasons why you may want to do that: maybe you want to eliminate distractions altogether or maybe you want to turn off notifications for specific websites. Whatever the case may be, here’s how to turn off push notifications in Edge:
- Open the Edge browser on your PC.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Website Notifications.
- Locate the website for which you want to turn off push notifications.
- Remove this website from the list by clicking the small X icon.
There you go. Push notifications for the website of your choice have not been disabled and you will no longer be bothered by updates or announcements from this site.
There is one more thing we suggest you do before you go. Every time we go browsing online, we put our system at risk of being infected with malware. There are over 980 million different malware programs out there — and each of them will try to access your settings and data in a million different ways. This is why it is essential to have reliable antivirus software on board.
Auslogics Anti-Malware is a powerful antivirus solution that is capable of detecting even the rarest malicious items and then safely removing them from your PC.
Protect PC from Threats with Anti-Malware
Check your PC for malware your antivirus may miss and get threats safely removed with Auslogics Anti-Malware
Once you install the program, it will start by running automatic scans of your entire system. There are three scanning options to choose from:
- Quick Scan (the program will only scan key folders on your PC)
- Deep Scan (the program will scan your entire system)
- Custom Scan (the program will scan specific folders and files that you find suspicious)
If any malicious items are detected in the process, they will be safely removed from your PC without causing any damage to your system.
Auslogics Anti-Malware allows you to schedule automatic scans. This way, you can ensure that no malware sneaks into your PC. You can expect a user-friendly and intuitive interface. Plus, the program is designed to run alongside your primary anti-virus without compatibility issues. So, you can keep both programs on your computer.