While Windows is a ubiquitous system packed with incredible features, it is still vulnerable to various problems. For one, you might encounter an error message whenever you turn on your computer. If you notice that GfxUI has stopped working on Windows 7 or Windows 10, don’t panic because this issue is easy to fix.
What does it mean when GfxUI has stopped working on Windows 7?
If you are concerned about seeing an error message related to Gfxui.exe, do not be alarmed because it has nothing to do with malware. This is a legitimate file from Intel Corporation, and it is included in the Intel Graphics Properties component. It plays a crucial role in controlling the graphic user interface of Intel’s onboard video. This file can be found in various laptops, including Lenovo Thinkpad, HP Pavillion, and Dell.
Usually, when this error shows up, it is caused by a driver problem or issues in security permissions settings. Make sure you try one of our methods below to get rid of it.
Method 1: Turning on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
One of the ways you can eliminate the Gfxui.exe error is by turning on the .NET Framework 3.5 feature. Simply follow these instructions:
- Click the Search icon on your taskbar.
- Type “turn windows feature on or off” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
- Look for the .NET Framework 3.5 and make sure that it is selected.
- Restart your PC and check if the problem has been fixed.
- If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you can also go to the Microsoft support site and download .NET Framework 3.5. Install the program again and check if the problem persists.
Method 2: Updating your Intel graphics card driver
If the first method did not work for you, it is possible that a missing or outdated Intel Graphics card driver is causing the issue. Updating your drivers can fix the issue, and you can either do it manually or by using a one-click solution like Auslogics Driver Updater. When you opt for the former, you would have to look for the latest and compatible display driver on the support website of Intel. On the other hand, if you do not have the patience, time, and skills to do so, then it would be best to use Auslogics Driver Updater.
After downloading and installing the program, you just have to click a button, and it will recognize your system. It will identify problematic drivers and look for the latest manufacturer-recommended versions. Another key thing to remember about Auslogics Driver Updater is that it takes care of all missing and outdated drivers. This means that once the process is complete, your computer will perform faster and more efficiently.
Method 3: Reinstalling your Intel graphics card driver
If you’ve tried updating your graphics driver and yet the issue persists, you can try performing a clean installation of your Intel display card driver. Just follow the steps below:
- Uninstall your current graphics driver by using Display Driver Uninstaller or a similar program. Do not forget to boot into Safe Mode before removing the driver.
- Make sure you choose the automatic restart option before uninstalling the driver.
- Windows will automatically search for an appropriate display driver for your computer.
- Alternatively, you can use Auslogics Driver Updater to download the latest version of Intel display driver.
Do you think there are easier ways to get rid of the Gfxui.exe error?
We’d love to know your ideas! Don’t forget to share them in the comments below!