So, you’re trying to get work done as fast as you can. However, there’s still plenty of online research necessary to complete the task. So, you go to your browser and type the URL of the site you need to visit. However, your browser autocompletes the URL with an address that you previously visited or mistyped. You always end up highlighting the lengthy URL to delete it. Isn’t it annoying when your browser autosuggests URLs?
How to Delete the Unwanted URLs from my Browser
You can easily get rid of all the URLs that your browser suggests. However, doing so is not practical. It will consume too much of your time and slow you down even more. So, if you want to streamline your browsing experience, your best option is to delete just the unwanted URLs from your browser. In this post, we are going to teach you how to delete autocomplete suggestions in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to Delete Autocomplete Suggestions in Chrome
If you want to delete unwanted URLs from your Chrome browser, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome and click the URL box.
- Type the web address as you normally would.
- Once the unwanted autocomplete suggestion shows up, highlight the option by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Press Shift+Delete to get rid of the suggestion.
Getting Rid of Unwanted URLs in Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox, you can follow the same concept of removing unwanted URLs from Chrome. You might ask, “What are the hotkeys to remove autocomplete suggestions from Mozilla Firefox?” Well, go through the steps below to discover the answer.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox, then click the URL box.
- If you cannot resolve theStart typing the web address, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight the unwanted URL.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- Press Delete on your keyboard to get rid of the unwanted URL.
It is worth noting that the highlighted entry will still remain in the address bar, especially when you’re using the latest version of Firefox. However, you can get rid of it by highlighting it and pressing Backspace on your keyboard.
Removing Autosuggested URLs from Internet Explorer
The process is a bit different on Internet Explorer. When you want to delete unwanted URLs, you need to follow these instructions:
- Open Internet Explorer, then click the address bar.
- Start typing the URL.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight the unwanted suggestion.
- Click the X symbol on the far-right side of the URL. Doing so will remove the unwanted URL.
Pro Tip: If you want to optimize the performance of your web browser, we recommend installing Auslogics BoostSpeed. Its powerful cleaning module effectively sweeps out various types of PC junk, including web browser cache and unused error logs. What’s more, it optimizes system and Internet connection settings, ensuring smooth browsing, better audio/video call quality, and faster downloads.
Auslogics BoostSpeed even contains privacy tools that eliminate traces of your browsing activities. So, it safeguards your sensitive personal information while improving your browser’s performance.
Do you find the autocomplete suggestions useful in your browsing experience?
Share your answer by joining the discussion below!