The world has gone digital thanks to the rapid growth of the Internet coupled with the smartphone revolution. However, the Internet comes with lots of privacy challenges, including the sites you’ve previously visited showing up in the public network or you being geo-restricted when you surf the web. The best solution to such security issues is knowing how to browse anonymously online.
How to browse safely in the Internet?
This guide will take you through various proven methods of how you can browse the web anonymously.
Method 1: Use the Privacy Mode
The privacy (or incognito) mode is a feature provided by browsers to disable owsing history and web cache. It allows the browsing of the web without the fear of having your data saved on the computer. Hence you can browse the net anonymously.
Since the steps to switch to the privacy mode vary from one browser to the other, in this guide, we will show you how to turn on the privacy mode in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
The privacy mode in Google Chrome is called Incognito. You’ll know you are using it when you see the secret agent icon in the top left corner of the window. To turn on the Incognito mode, follow the steps below:
- Start Chrome in your device.
- Click the button with three vertical dots on the upper right corner.
- Click New incognito window. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+N at the same time on your keyboard.
Now you can browse in the incognito mode. Chrome won’t keep a record of the websites you visit. However, downloaded material and bookmarks will be saved.
- Open Firefox in your device.
- Click the button with three horizontal lines on the upper right corner.
- Click New Private Window. Or press Ctrl+Shift+P concurrently on your keyboard.
- The privacy mode opens in a new tab.
Now you can browse anonymously.
- Start Microsoft Edge in your device.
- Click the button with three dots that you’ll see on the upper right corner.
- Click New InPrivate Window to open the private mode.
You can browse in private mode anonymously.
Method 2: Configure privacy settings in your browser
The “Do Not Track” feature in web browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge asks data miners and instructors not to track your browsing habits. Here’s how you can enable the feature in your browser.
- Open Google your device.
- Head into the Settings page.
- Click “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Under the security and privacy section, turn on If you cannot resolve theSend a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic.
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- Read the Note that appears and
Protect PC from Threats with Anti-Malware
Check your PC for malware your antivirus may miss and get threats safely removed with Auslogics Anti-MalwareDOWNLOAD NOW
- Open Firefox in your device.
- Click the button with three horizontal lines that appear on the upper right corner.
- Click Privacy & Security on your left, and choose the Always option for Send websites a “Do Not Track” signal that you don’t want to be tracked.
- Conclude by saving your changes.
- Open Microsoft Edge in your device.
- Click on the button with three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click View advanced settings.
- Scroll down and turn on to enable Send Do Not Track requests.
This option can help you browse anonymously. However, you should know that some websites can still track your browsing activitiesd so we encourage you to try Method 3.
Method: 3 Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Using a VPN is an excellent way of browsing the internet anonymously. It provides you with online privacy and anonymity by masking your IP address so that your online activities become untraceable. The VPN uses encryption to scramble your data to make it unreadable, thus preventing anyone else from eavesdropping on your internet activity.
How to use a VPN to browse the net anonymously?
Begin by searching for the VPN on the internet and setting it up on your device. If you are in a hurry, you can use Outbyte VPN.
Outbyte VPN is an excellent VPN service that’s reliable and easy to use. It protects you from snooping eyes and secures your internet experience on all your devices. Outbyte VPN will also help you to bypass geo-restrictions to access all your desired web sources.
Follow these steps to use a VPN to browse anonymously
- Download and install Outbyte VPN on your device.
- Run Outbyte VPN and connect to a server in your desired location.
That’s it. You can now browse anonymously without the fear of tracking.
The above tips will help you to browse the internet anonymously. A VPN will not only provide you with privacy but also secure your data with the highest levels of encryption. To stay completely safe, you also need to invest in a competent anti-malware solution such as Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool will detect and neutralize all malicious items to make your PC more secure.