‘Take notes. They cost memories.”
What is the Sticky Notes feature?
These days being able to juggle multiple tasks is an essential skill for everyone who wants to stay on track with their goals. However, you might feel overwhelmed with workload if you have too many goals to achieve. Fortunately, there is a great app called Sticky Notes that can get you through your day and help you stay organized and productive.
With Sticky notes, you can post your notes on the desktop instead of posting their paper versions on the walls and the fridge. Yep, that’s what the modern software-driven world is about – everything becomes digital now.
Sticky Notes is an intuitive tool: using it is a piece of cake even for a PC novice. To make use of the app in view, just launch Cortana and say, “Hey Cortana, launch Sticky Notes.” Alternatively, you can open your Start Menu, navigate to the list of the apps present on your computer, and scroll down until you find what you need under S. Click on the app to launch it. Now feel free to create a quick reminder in the form of a sticky note.
Adding a new note is extremely easy: right-click on the Sticky Notes icon on your Taskbar, select the Add note option and proceed with your planning. Alternatively, for this purpose, you can click “+” in the top left of your note or press the Ctrl+N shortcut.
For your notes to remain on the screen, you should keep the app open – otherwise, they will immediately vanish. That’s not a big problem since the app has quite a low resource footprint.
The best thing is, you can move your notes all around your desktop: just drag and drop them where you like. In addition, they are customizable, which means you can click the three-dot icon on the menu bar of your reminder and change its color to what you like. Deleting your sticky notes is as easy as this: click the Trash icon on the menu bar of the note you wish to delete to get the thing removed.
How to back up Sticky Notes in Windows 10?
So, now you have those powerful reminders aimed at helping you plan your day, which means you can rest easy knowing you are equipped to take your time management several levels up. To this end, losing your helpful notes would be a real drama, wouldn’t it?
With this in mind, we strongly recommend you to create a backup of your Sticky Notes in case things go astray. Here is what you should do:
problem yourself, you can
ask our certified PC technicians for immediate assistance in the chat right on this page.
- Open the Run app: just press the Windows logo + R shortcut on your keyboard.
- Into the text field available, paste the following: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState.
- Click the OK button to proceed.
- Locate the plum.sqlite file and right-click it.
- From the pop-up menu, select the Copy option.
- Choose the location for your backup: for example, you can use a OneDrive folder or a USB storage device for this purpose.
- Right-click on the backup location you have chosen and click Paste to export your backup to that directory.
Your Sticky Notes have been successfully backed up.
Can I restore Sticky Notes on my PC?
Yes, you can. In fact, that is a pretty straightforward procedure. Below are the instructions on how to restore a backup of Sticky Notes in Windows 10:
- Press the Windows logo key + E shortcut on your keyboard to open your File Explorer.
- Navigate to the location where your backup is stored.
- Locate your backup file (the plum.sqlite file).
- Right-click on the file and select Copy from the list of options.
- Invoke the Run app: you can do that by simultaneously pressing the Windows logo and R keys.
- Input the following path: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState.
- When you are in the directory in question, right-click on the place void of objects and select Paste from the pop-up menu that appears. You can replace the plum.sqlite file that is already here, but bear in mind that this action will replace all your existing notes as well.
Finally, open your Sticky Notes app. Your restored notes should appear on your screen.
We hope the Sticky Notes app in Windows 10 will help you become successful in time management and task juggling. You might also need to boost your operating system so that it can keep up with the times. For this, you can employ Auslogics BoostSpeed: with this app in place, your system has no trouble performing at its best.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the topic of this article, we are always here to help you. Just make use of the comment section below.