11 comments

Free Fix For Slow Computer

By Liz Cornwell 22 December 2011 in Cleanup & Repair
Free Fix For Slow Computer

What is the best free fix for slow computer performance? A slow computer is something that a lot of people have to face on a daily basis. Slow Windows boot, unresponsive programs, slow browser that freezes up every once in a while – sounds familiar, doesn’t it? And when you want to fix a slow computer, it usually means that you have to either upgrade your hardware or even hire a technician. That costs money. But there is a way to make your PC faster without having to spend a cent. Here is the best free fix for slow computer performance.

When your computer becomes slow all of a sudden, the first thing to do is check it for viruses, malware and spyware. Malicious programs tamper with computer settings, steal your bandwidth to transmit data and make your computer slow. So, if your computer has become suspiciously slow overnight, the free fix for slow computer is to download free anti-malware and anti-spyware software and remove infections from your PC. When all viruses are gone, you will notice an immediate speed gain.

If the anti-malware scan comes clean but your computer is still slow, this could mean that your PC is badly fragmented. File fragmentation is something that can drastically decrease computer performance because it affects the slowest part of your PC – your hard drive. File fragmentation makes the hard drive’s read arm work more than necessary, which takes more time. So if your files are fragmented, opening documents, videos, songs and launching programs will be really slow.

Another Free Fix For Slow Computers

The free fix for slow computer suffering from fragmentation is simple – just run Disk Defragmenter, a built-in Windows utility. You can find this tool if you click on Start and then go to Programs – Accessories – System Tools. Defragmentation is something that should be done on a regular basis because fragmentation accumulates with computer use. That’s why it’s recommended to defragment your computer at least once a month.

If your computer takes a long time to start up, it could be that you have too many programs launching on Windows boot. The more programs are configured to run on system startup, the longer Windows needs to load them all. To make your PC load faster, you should apply a simple free fix for slow computer startup –configure unnecessary programs to not start on Windows boot. This can be done by clicking on Start and typing msconfig in the Search Bar. Then all you need to do is go to the Startup tab and uncheck the programs you don’t want to start automatically. Then reboot your computer and enjoy the speed.

Following the steps described in this article will help you keep your computer in good shape. When performed regularly, PC maintenance can make your PC run a lot faster and keep it stable. Remember, there is a free fix for slow computer performance – you just need to know which tools to use and which maintenance tasks to run.

Did you like this article?
3883 people rated the article "Free Fix For Slow Computer". Article rating: 4.63.

It’s a pity you didn’t like the article

Please tell us what’s wrong with it. Be specific, and we’ll do our best to make the necessary changes

Thanks for reading!

Hey, but don't keep this article a secret - share it with your friends!
Like Us on Facebook!

About the Author

Liz Cornwell Liz Cornwell
PR specialist at Auslogics. Liz can optimize just about any computer.

Discussion

could anyone tell me how to fix error 0x00000000 free, all downloadable fixes scan free but then want you buy the fix.
many thanks.
tony
January 19th, 2012 @08:55 am
please active my labtop sony vaio vpceh3dgx you made this thank
ahmedmadhli
June 3rd, 2012 @08:53 am
hope this works
sophie
October 19th, 2012 @09:57 am
To Fix a slow computer:
Your advice is good.
But
The single most spectacular performance improvement is to permanently increase the Minimum paging file size to the Maximum paging file size and reboot. Especially for a PC with XP and older versions.
The Windows algorithm is to use dynamic allocation of paging space.
Giving the maximum allowed, speeds it up perceptively.
Windows NEEDS large paging file disc space and large RAM to run efficiently, especially the later versions (7 and 8).
Add RAM to your PC if performance problems persist.
How to do it:
Use Sttart and then select Help and Support.
Enter "set paging file size" in the search field.
Follow instructions for your version of Windows.
Be careful and accurate. You need to be logged in as Administrator to do this.
Herklaas
December 5th, 2012 @02:50 am
I like you services and I would like my computer to be performe.
urbain konga
January 17th, 2013 @02:01 pm
i have probelem with my computer it works very slow and we can not install any software what could i do please tell me
meershmas
March 4th, 2013 @10:36 am
Herklaas,

Thank you very much for this info. This computer was unworkable until I followed your instructions.

Barry
Barry
March 22nd, 2013 @07:52 am
we use all types of cleaners and target specific components of our pcs to manipulate greater performance YES, this approach helps somewhat, BUT what I found that really turbo boost the speed of my pc was the SERVICE that the PROVIDER offered. I am not a techie but I think that the amount of unused downloads, flies and junk literally is like a heavy backpack weighing you down...my old fashion principle is to rid the weight, get buoyant, get the fastest speed that your SERVICE PROVIDER offer, also get a speedometer, monitor your performance

thanks
nineofnine
john
May 2nd, 2013 @11:01 pm
I giveup for today maybe tomorrow I'l have better luck.I see a mistake but I can't fix it with this computer
Bill Gidney
July 26th, 2013 @04:10 pm
It's not a desk top, it's a jar of mollases. I have done ALL of the above for slow computer disc Defragmenter, CC Cleaner, Deep Care Scan different Browsers but nothing. It is taking 5-10 to go from page to page and i'm getting ALOT of errors cannot display page etc. I am on dial up no broad or DSL avail. Lot's of memory left on my system. It was working decently a few months ago and has gotten progressively worse. Now the spell check just gave me an error..... HELP!!!
scott
August 23rd, 2013 @06:30 pm
pretty good software but where is the another languages
elrey